The Virtual Nurse
As your co-worker with a shared goal of providing excellent care to our patients. I commit to the following:
- I will accept responsibility for establishing and maintaining healthy interpersonal relationship with you and every member of this staff. I will talk to you promptly if I am having a problem with you. The only time I will discuss it with another person is when I need advice or help in deciding how to communicate to you appropriately.
- I will establish and maintain a relationship of functional trust with you and every member of this staff. My relationship with each of you will be equally respectful, regardless of job titles or levels of educational preparation.
- I will not engage in the 3 B's (bickering, backbiting and bitching) and will ask you not to as well.
- I will not complain about another team member; and ask you not to as well. If I hear you doing so I will ask you to talk to that person.
- I will accept you as you are today, forgiving past problems and ask you to do the same with me.
- I will be commited to finding solutions to problems, rather than complaining about them or blaming someone for them, and ask you to do the same.
- I will affirm your contribution to quality patient care.
- I will remember that neither of us is perfect, and that human errors are opportunities, not for shame or built but for forgiveness and growth.
Compiled by Marie Manthey
Thank you for visiting my page at Angelfire.
Please come back and visit again!