ST ANDREW JAMAICA
In 1923, the parishes of St Andrew and Kingston were administratively merged to form the Kingston and St Andrew Corporation (KSAC), with a single elected council and a Mayor. The geographic area of the KSAC is often referred to as the "Corporate Area."
To encourage the movement of Industrial Plants from the business areas of Kingston, and to facilitate the establishment of new industries with local and overseas capital, the government has established an industrial estate in St. Andrew, bordering on Western Kingston. This Industrial Estate is over 1.2 kmē (300 acres) in size.
Gypsum is found in large quantities, in eastern St. Andrew, the largest deposits being in the area of Bull Bay, a mile and a half of the coast.
The local government bodies of the parish of Kingston and that of the parish of St Andrew were amalgamated by the Kingston and St Andrew Corporation Act of 1923, to form the Corporation of Kingston and St.Andrew
Cross Roads, Half-Way-Tree and Constant Spring are important commercial centres in St. Andrew, but may be regarded as suburbs of Kingston. West St. Andrew, however, is a populous residential area. Total population of the parish is an estimated 540,715.