- Droid Type-2-1B(Medical)
- Manufacturer-Geentech/Industrial Automaton
- Weapon-none-he's a doctor droid
- Ship-whichever he is assigned to
- Movies-The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi
- Books-The Empire Strikes Back, Tales of the Bounty Hunters
- Toys-2-1B's Collectibles
- Bio: 2-1B was a humanoid medical droid of the 2-1B series of droids built by Geentech and Industrial Automaton in a joint effort. He is simply constructed, but has great talent.
The series has been used for decades beginning in the years of the Old Republic through the era of the New Republic. They can be used in any number of medical procedures, and
can be modified with a number of appendages and programming. 2-1B himself, the one most people recognize, was originally in service of the Imperial soldier Lord Cuvir. The Rebel
pilot Tiree attacked and killed Cuvir, causing 2-1B to join the Alliance. 2-1B was assigned to the Echo Base on Hoth, were he treated Luke Skywalker with the use of bacta. After the
assault on Echo Base, 2-1B was on the last ship evacuated, the Bright Hope. Also aboard were Commander Toryn Farr, her sister Samoc, and 2-1B's assisstant FX-7. The bounty hunter
Zuckuss and his partner 4-LOM attacked the Bright Hope and were about to hand it over to the Empire when the hunters changed their mind, and joined the Alliance for a short while.
Shortly after, 2-1B reattached Skywalker's hand aboard the Alliance's medical ship. 2-1B now runs a column "Dear 2-1B" in Earth's famous magazine, Star Wars Insider.