We’ve got big plans for next year! Here is an
outline of some of the ideas we will be
SKI TEAM 99-00
A. Letters to:
- Brat Fry on June 11.
- Beanie Baby Sale
- Christmas sale (Ideas: hot choc. & cookies,
wrapping paper, ect.)
- Track & Cross Country Coaches
- Phy Ed Coaches
- Daily Tribune Article in the fall
- Posters at hockey rink, football games???
- Each member that recruits another member gets
10 extra "points"
- Each member should try to bring friends to
D. Learn to Ski Day (For future club
- Open to kids up to 18
- Early in the season
- Ski team members will help
A. How it works
- III. NEW Points System (Still just an idea)
B. How to get points
- I am proposing a new points system to help
motivate more people to get out on the trails.
Many of the donations we get from major sponsors
will be in the form of items such as hats, gloves,
skis. We intend to use these items as prizes for
those skiers who reach points totals that are
still undetermined. As a team we will also set a
goal. If the team reaches it’s goal, any member
reaching a certain # of points will earn a free
ski weekend in Cable.
C. Putting it into action
- Every Kilometer you ski is 1 point.
- For Every Kilometer you ski in a race will be
worth 2 points.
- For every new recruit you bring in (who
stays) you receive 10 points
- ) Bonus points will be awarded as necessary
- There will be a chart at every practice that
you can add your points to for that practice and
any additional skiing you may have done at night
or over the weekend.
- It will be on an honor system.
- We would like to see the entire racing team
in new uniforms and warm-ups. Possibly new hats.
To off set the costs, we may be recieving a city grant
that will buy us uniforms for the top 5 guys and top 5
girls. We can do much more fundraising to help all team
members get a uniform if the interest is generated.
- Practices will be every day
- We will have a weekly schedule of what
workout we will be doing every day.
- We will place more emphasis on skiing as a
- We will occasionally do some weight training
- There will be at least one "fun day" at
practice per week.
- Practices will officially start at 3:45, but
it will be recommended that you be there earlier
- Much more emphasis will be placed on the
importance of a good balance of classical &
- We are not sure of any coaching positions
right now, but the proposed plan would have
different coaches on different days of the week,
so no one coach would have to be at practice every
- The coaches and any interested team members
will decide the practice schedule for the week.
- The way I envision the set up is this:
President(s):Everything that needs to be done.
Vice President:Does pretty much whatever the
president can’t handle.
Secretary:Responsible person in charge of
Treasurer:Responsible, knowledgeable person with
good rep. & good $ skills
Individual School Representatives:1 from each school,
would handle announcements, ect.
This is totally open to revisions & your input.
A. Dale Niggeman has agreed to try to set up a
summer program, probably meeting one night a week
during the summer. Roller skis could be rented.
We will meet on Wednesdays during the summer. E-mail Kristin
for more info.
Back to W.R.J.N.S.T. Main Page
The Girls Team
The Boys Team
1999-2000 Season Schedule