Radio News and Notes
This page contains news concerning radio stations, mainly (but not exclusively) within the ten states on which this site focuses (IL IN IA MI MN MO ND OH SD WI). We do not claim any degree of comprehensiveness here; I read various outside sources and also include news passed to me by hobbyists as well as items from my own listening. I cite my sources and always appreciate news tips from readers, but cannot guarantee that the information I receive is always correct and typo-free. News concerning station ownership and personnel, television, FM translators and low-power FMs, as well as changes of power and antenna height, are normally omitted from this page. The date (which changes at midnight central time) indicates when I typed the item, not necessarily when the change took or will take place, and a day's entry may be updated a few times during the course of that day. All times are central, unless otherwise specified. The newest items appear at the top, and old items are removed after one month.
We recommend activating your pop-up blocker.
* MI Detroit WDZH 98.7 is stunting, having dropped CHR (RadioInsight)
* MI McMillan WMJT 96.7 flips to hot AC "Flash FM," dropping classic hits (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* MN Lakeville (Minneapolis market) WGVX 105.1 and simulcast WLUP 105.3 Cambridge and WWWM-FM 105.7 Eden Prairie now use "Love 105," dropping classic hip-hop "105 The Vibe," and carrying Christmas music for now and AC thereafter (RadioInsight)
* MN Pine River CP on 1210 is canceled (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* ND Beulah KLTQ 97.9 is silent (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MI Portage (Kalamazoo market) WZOX 96.5 flips to adult hits "96.5 Jack FM," ex-alternative (RadioInsight)
* MN Mankato KEEZ 99.1 flips to AC "Mix 99-1," dropping CHR as "Z99" (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* MN St. Peter KRBI 105.5 is now classic hits, ex-AC, still using "River 105" (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* WI Racine (Milwaukee market) WVTY 92.1 flips to country "92.1 VTY Country," dropping adult hits (RadioInsight) IDs as "92-1 VTY Country"
* IL Cairo WKRO 1490 now uses "103.3 The Bridge," still with an alternative format (DX-midAMerica.com)
* IN Bedford WQRK 105.5 is now 70s-80s classic hits, ex-oldies (DX-midAMerica.com)
* WI Milwaukee WKTI 94.5 will drop its country format in favor of sports/ESPN "94.5 ESPN FM" on November 1, simulcasting with WAUK 540 Jackson for the time being (RadioInsight)
* IL DuQuoin WDQN 1580 is now hot AC "Sunny 97.1" as its translator signs on (RadioInsight)
* IL Rock Island (Quad Cities market) WKBF 1270 is silent (DX-midAMerica.com)
* IN Marion WBAT 1400 flips to classic hits, ex-talk (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MO St. Louis WEW 700 is now variety, ex-ethnic (DX-midAMerica.com)
* WI Park Falls WPFP 980 switches to adult hits "103.1 Jack FM," ex-talk (RadioInsight)
* WI Berlin (Appleton market) WBJZ 104.7 becomes WZOS (anonymous)
* OH Xenia (Dayton market) WZLR 95.3 flips to classic hits, ex-classic rock, still using "95.3 and 101.1 The Eagle" (RadioInsight)
Top | Back to Main Page