Radio News and Notes
This page contains news concerning radio stations, mainly (but not exclusively) within the ten states on which this site focuses (IL IN IA MI MN MO ND OH SD WI). We do not claim any degree of comprehensiveness here; I read various outside sources and also include news passed to me by hobbyists as well as items from my own listening. I cite my sources and always appreciate news tips from readers, but cannot guarantee that the information I receive is always correct and typo-free. News concerning station ownership and personnel, television, FM translators and low-power FMs, as well as changes of power and antenna height, are normally omitted from this page. The date (which changes at midnight central time) indicates when I typed the item, not necessarily when the change took or will take place, and a day's entry may be updated a few times during the course of that day. All times are central, unless otherwise specified. The newest items appear at the top, and old items are removed after one month.
We recommend activating your pop-up blocker.
September 25 6:57 a.m.
* SD Sioux Falls KBAD-FM 94.5 is silent (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* WI New Holstein (Appleton market) WLAK 1590 returns to the air with oldies/True Oldies, in simulcast with WGBW 1590 Denmark (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MN Staples KNSP 1430 flips to sports/Fan and ESPN, dropping country (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* MN Worthington KWOA 730 is now sports/Fan and NBC, ex-standards (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* WI Baraboo WRPQ 740 flips to classic hits "99.7 Max FM," ex-AC (RadioInsight)
* MO Lexington KLEX 1570 is silent (DX-midAMerica.com)
* OH Bellaire WLEJ 1290 becomes WYLY (DX-midAMerica.com)
* ND Fargo KRWK 101.9 flips to adult hits "101.9 Jack FM," ex-AC (RadioInsight)
* IL Glenview (Chicago market) WGBK 88.5 returns to the air with alternative (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MO Hermann KQQX 93.3 becomes KLUQ (DX-midAMerica.com)
* IL Morrison WZZT 102.7 flips to country "Big Country," ex-classic rock (DX-midAMerica.com)
* IL Highland Park (Chicago market) WVIX 103.1 flips to "Polish music and current European hits," ex-Spanish, no longer in simulcast with WVIV 93.5 Lemont, and with the new call WPNA-FM (RadioInsight)
* IN Brazil WAMB 1130 flips to standards/WW1, ex-sports (RadioInsight)
* OH Eaton (Dayton market) WGTZ 92.9 flips to adult hits "92.9 Jack FM," ex-AC (RadioInsight)
* WI Hartford (Milwaukee market) WTKM 1540 flips to adult hits "Party 92.9," dropping oldies, with the new call WPTT (RadioInsight)
* IN Ligonier WAOR 102.7 flips to hot AC "Froggy 102.7," dropping sports (RadioInsight)
* IN Brazil WFNF 1130 becomes WAMB (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MI Manistee WMTE 1340 is deleted (FCC)
Top | Back to Main Page