Radio News and Notes
This page contains news concerning radio stations, mainly (but not exclusively) within the ten states on which this site focuses (IL IN IA MI MN MO ND OH SD WI). We do not claim any degree of comprehensiveness here; I read various outside sources and also include news passed to me by hobbyists as well as items from my own listening. I cite my sources and always appreciate news tips from readers, but cannot guarantee that the information I receive is always correct and typo-free. News concerning station ownership and personnel, television, FM translators and low-power FMs, as well as changes of power and antenna height, are normally omitted from this page. The date (which changes at midnight central time) indicates when I typed the item, not necessarily when the change took or will take place, and a day's entry may be updated a few times during the course of that day. All times are central, unless otherwise specified. The newest items appear at the top, and old items are removed after one month.
* IL Mount Carmel WYNG 94.9 flips to contemporary Christian/K-Love, dropping AC (DX-midAMerica.com) not WYMG as initially posted--thank you, Scott Gilbert!
* MN Baudette new 94.5 is WPMI (DX-midAMerica.com)
* IN Clarksville (Louisville market) WTFX-FM 93.1's new format is urban "93-1 The Beat" (DX-midAMerica.com)
* IA Keokuk KOKX-FM 95.3 makes its anticipated switch to contemporary Christian/K-Love, ex-oldies (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MO East Prairie KYMO 1080 and KYMO-FM 105.3 go silent (DX-midAMerica.com)
* OH Heath (Columbus market) WHTH 790 flips to country "Buckeye Country," dropping talk (DX-midAMerica.com)
* OH Middletown (Dayton market) WPFB 910 is now Catholic/EWTN, ex-adult alternative (DX-midAMerica.com)
* IN Clarksville (Louisville market) WTFX-FM 93.1, formerly active rock, is stunting (RadioInsight)
* IN Jeffersonville (Louisville market) WQMF 95.7 flips to active rock, ex-classic rock (RadioInsight)
* WI Berlin WISS 1100 is now classic hits, simulcasting with W247AZ 98.7 Oshkosh and WAUH 102.3 Wautoma (DX-midAMerica.com) IDing as "FM 98-7 and AM 1100, The Bug," sometimes with "Retro Radio"
* MN Duluth KQDS 1490 now carries sports/NBC, ex-Fox, still in simulcast with WWAX 92.1 Hermantown (DX-midAMerica.com)
* IL Greenup 93.9 CP for a new station (FCC)
* IA Waukon KMRV 1160 flips to AC "99-1 The River," dropping sports, and relayed by K256CS 99.1 Waukon (DX-midAMerica.com)
* WI Milwaukee WJYI 1340 is now relayed on W236BR 98.7 Milwaukee, first noted last evening
* IL Cairo WKRO 1490 now carries a talk and farm format (Scott Gilbert)
Top | Back to Main Page