Radio News and Notes
This page contains news concerning radio stations, mainly (but not exclusively) within the ten states on which this site focuses (IL IN IA MI MN MO ND OH SD WI). We do not claim any degree of comprehensiveness here; I read various outside sources and also include news passed to me by hobbyists as well as items from my own listening. I cite my sources and always appreciate news tips from readers, but cannot guarantee that the information I receive is always correct and typo-free. News concerning station ownership and personnel, television, FM translators and low-power FMs, as well as changes of power and antenna height, are normally omitted from this page. The date (which changes at midnight central time) indicates when I typed the item, not necessarily when the change took or will take place, and a day's entry may be updated a few times during the course of that day. All times are central, unless otherwise specified. The newest items appear at the top, and old items are removed after one month.
We recommend activating your pop-up blocker.
* MO Osage Beach KIRL 89.3 is now 50s-70s oldies, ex-soft AC (RadioInsight)
* MN Albert Lea KQPR 96.1 is now classic hits, ex-classic rock, still as "Power 96" (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* OH Cincinnati WDBZ 1230 flips to urban talk as "The Buzz," dropping urban oldies (RadioInsight)
* WI Milwaukee WKTI 94.5 and WAUK 540 Jackson will no longer be in simulcast during the day beginning June 4, with 94.5 carrying local sports talk 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., and 540 airing ESPN most of the day (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* IN Cole WHUZ 88.5 becomes WNPP (Indiana RadioWatch)
* IN La Porte WLOI 1540 flips to classic rock "Rock 106.5," ex-standards (Indiana RadioWatch)
* IN Anderson WHBU 1240 flips to 60s-70s oldies, ex-talk (RadioInsight)
* SD Sioux Falls KZOY 1520 flips to adult hits, ex-80s hits (DX-midAMerica.com)
Top | Back to Main Page