Radio News and Notes
This page contains news concerning radio stations, mainly (but not exclusively) within the ten states on which this site focuses (IL IN IA MI MN MO ND OH SD WI). We do not claim any degree of comprehensiveness here; I read various outside sources and also include news passed to me by hobbyists as well as items from my own listening. I cite my sources and always appreciate news tips from readers, but cannot guarantee that the information I receive is always correct and typo-free. News concerning station ownership and personnel, television, FM translators and low-power FMs, as well as changes of power and antenna height, are normally omitted from this page. The date (which changes at midnight central time) indicates when I typed the item, not necessarily when the change took or will take place, and a day's entry may be updated a few times during the course of that day. All times are central, unless otherwise specified. The newest items appear at the top, and old items are removed after one month.
We recommend activating your pop-up blocker.
* MN St. Joseph (St. Cloud market) KCML 99.9 now uses "99.9 Lite FM," dropping "More FM," for its AC format (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* IN Brazil (Terre Haute market) WFNB 92.7 flips to rock "92.7 The Rock," ex-AC (RadioInsight)
* MI Whitehall (Muskegon market) WKLQ 1490 becomes WBBL (DX-midAMerica.com)
* OH Hilliard (Columbus market) WXZX 105.7 flips to 80s-00s classic rock as "105.7 The Brew," dropping sports (RadioInsight)
* MN Grand Marais WVVE 95.3 goes silent (anonymous)
* MI Marine City WHLX 1590 flips to rock "Rock 105.5," ex-CHR (anonymous)
* WI Ladysmith WLDY 1340 drops NBC sports in favor of CBS as "CBS Sportsradio 1340" (anonymous)
Top | Back to Main Page