Radio News and Notes
This page contains news concerning radio stations, mainly (but not exclusively) within the ten states on which this site focuses (IL IN IA MI MN MO ND OH SD WI). We do not claim any degree of comprehensiveness here; I read various outside sources and also include news passed to me by hobbyists as well as items from my own listening. I cite my sources and always appreciate news tips from readers, but cannot guarantee that the information I receive is always correct and typo-free. News concerning station ownership and personnel, television, FM translators and low-power FMs, as well as changes of power and antenna height, are normally omitted from this page. The date (which changes at midnight central time) indicates when I typed the item, not necessarily when the change took or will take place, and a day's entry may be updated a few times during the course of that day. All times are central, unless otherwise specified. The newest items appear at the top, and old items are removed after one month.
We recommend activating your pop-up blocker.
August 22 8:38 a.m.
* MO St. Joseph KESJ 1550 flips to classic hits "Joe Town 107.5," dropping sports (RadioInsight)
* IN Crystal Lake (Chicago market) WAIT 850 will go silent, as its transmitter site land is sold (Peter Atkinson) Peter confirms that the station is off as of early afternoon
* IN Fort Wayne WLYV 1450 becomes WIOE, as South Whitley 104.3 becomes WIOE-FM (DX-midAMerica.com)
* OH Montpelier WLZZ 104.5 flips to country "Superstar Country," dropping classic rock (Indiana Radio Watch)
* IL Crystal Lake WAIT 850 noted back on the air (Peter Atkinson)
* IL Crystal Lake (Chicago market) WAIT 850 is off the air (Peter Atkinson)
* IN Cole WNPP 88.5 becomes WJCF (DX-midAMerica.com)
* IN Morristown WJCF 88.1 becomes WNPP (DX-midAMerica.com)
* IN South Whitley WIOE 101.1, still oldies, is now in simulcast with WLYV 1450 Fort Wayne (RadioInsight)
Top | Back to Main Page