Radio News and Notes
This page contains news concerning radio stations, mainly (but not exclusively) within the ten states on which this site focuses (IL IN IA MI MN MO ND OH SD WI). We do not claim any degree of comprehensiveness here; I read various outside sources and also include news passed to me by hobbyists as well as items from my own listening. I cite my sources and always appreciate news tips from readers, but cannot guarantee that the information I receive is always correct and typo-free. News concerning station ownership and personnel, television, FM translators and low-power FMs, as well as changes of power and antenna height, are normally omitted from this page. The date (which changes at midnight central time) indicates when I typed the item, not necessarily when the change took or will take place, and a day's entry may be updated a few times during the course of that day. All times are central, unless otherwise specified. The newest items appear at the top, and old items are removed after one month.
We recommend activating your pop-up blocker.
June 17 8:07 a.m.
* IL Carthage WCEZ 93.9 is now classic rock, ex-classic hits, still as "Z93" (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MO Carrollton KAOL 1430 is silent (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MI Flint WAKL 89.9 becomes WKMF (FCC)
* OH Ironton WLRX 107.1 becomes WAWT (FCC)
* OH Salem (Youngstown market) WSOM 600 becomes WRQX (FCC)
* IL Herrin (Marion market) WVZA 92.7 flips to alternative "92.7 Alt 2K," ex-AC (Radio Insight)
* IN Lawrence (Indianapolis market) WYRG 93.9 flips to rock as "93.9 X," ex-CHR, with the new call WNDX (RadioInsight)
* IA Oskaloosa KIGC 88.5 becomes KWPU (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MO Osage Beach KIRL 89.3 is now 50s-70s oldies, ex-soft AC (RadioInsight)
Top | Back to Main Page