Radio News and Notes
This page contains news concerning radio stations, mainly (but not exclusively) within the ten states on which this site focuses (IL IN IA MI MN MO ND OH SD WI). We do not claim any degree of comprehensiveness here; I read various outside sources and also include news passed to me by hobbyists as well as items from my own listening. I cite my sources and always appreciate news tips from readers, but cannot guarantee that the information I receive is always correct and typo-free. News concerning station ownership and personnel, television, FM translators and low-power FMs, as well as changes of power and antenna height, are normally omitted from this page. The date (which changes at midnight central time) indicates when I typed the item, not necessarily when the change took or will take place, and a day's entry may be updated a few times during the course of that day. All times are central, unless otherwise specified. The newest items appear at the top, and old items are removed after one month.
We recommend activating your pop-up blocker.
* Regarding yesterday's entry about WENS 89.7 Liberty IN, an anonymous reader writes: "I read about WENS being deleted yesterday, so I called the station, and they're still there!"
* MI Grand Ledge (Lansing market) WLMI 92.9 will flip to CHR "i92.9" tomorrow, dropping classic hits (RadioInsight)
* IL Carthage WCAZ 990 is deleted (anonymous)
* IN Liberty WENS 89.7 is deleted (FCC)
* MN Montevideo KBPG 89.5 is now religious/Real Presence Radio; the station formerly carried American Family Radio (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* ND Jamestown KLJN 89.1 becomes KJKL (DX-midAMerica.com)
* WI West Allis WJTI 1460 was still off at 7 p.m. and back on at 8
* WI West Allis (Milwaukee market) WJTI 1460 is off the air; I first noted its absence Thursday afternoon
* MN Pine City WCMP 1350 flips to classic hits as "Pine Hits 106," ex-standards (anonymous)
* IL Morrison WZZT 102.7 flips to classic rock, dropping classic country (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MN Eyota (Rochester market) KDCZ 103.9 makes its anticipated format change, to adult hits "103.9 The Doc" (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* Station totals as of March 31: AM 4666, down 3 from the previous quarter, and FM 10,866, up 19 (FCC)
* MN Eyota (Rochester market) KDCZ 103.9 will drop active rock and adopt a new format on Thursday, April 13 (RadioInsight)
* MI Stephenson WMXG 106.3 is now 70s-90s classic country "The Maverick" (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* ND Fargo KVOX 740 becomes KNFL (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* WI Tigerton WPAK-FM 106.9 signs on, with variety for now (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* IN Vincennes WFML 96.7 is now "smooth rock" as "96.7 The Bridge" (RadioInsight)
* IN Bicknell WUZR 105.7 now uses "105.7 The Ride," dropping "Hot Country 105.7" (anonymous)
* OH Columbus WYTS 1230 now uses "Kiss 105.3," replacing "Vibe 105.3" (RadioInsight)
* MI Onaway WOEZ 106.3 becomes WQEZ (anonymous)
Top | Back to Main Page