Radio News and Notes
This page contains news concerning radio stations, mainly (but not exclusively) within the ten states on which this site focuses (IL IN IA MI MN MO ND OH SD WI). We do not claim any degree of comprehensiveness here; I read various outside sources and also include news passed to me by hobbyists as well as items from my own listening. I cite my sources and always appreciate news tips from readers, but cannot guarantee that the information I receive is always correct and typo-free. News concerning station ownership and personnel, television, FM translators and low-power FMs, as well as changes of power and antenna height, are normally omitted from this page. The date (which changes at midnight central time) indicates when I typed the item, not necessarily when the change took or will take place, and a day's entry may be updated a few times during the course of that day. All times are central, unless otherwise specified. The newest items appear at the top, and old items are removed after one month.
We recommend activating your pop-up blocker.
May 21 1:12 p.m.
* IA Twin Lakes KTLB 105.9 now uses "105.9 The Beach," dropping "Hippie Radio" (anonymous)
* MI Mount Clemens (Detroit market) WPZR 102.7 flips to contemporary Christian/K-Love, ex-urban gospel (anonymous)
* OH Cambridge WILE 1270 flips to country "Nash Icon," ex-sports (DX-midAMerica.com)
* OH Toledo WWYC 1560 is silent (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MN Babbitt KZJZ 106.7 and WVVE 95.3 Grand Marais, recently stunting, now carry adult album alternative as "Radio North of Ordinary" (Matt Butler, Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* IL Colchester WMQZ 104.1 switches to classic hits "Rewind 104," dropping oldies (DX-midAMerica.com)
* IL Macomb WYEC 1510 flips to talk, in simulcast with WLMD 104.7 Bushnell (DX-midAMerica.com)
* IN Bicknell WUZR 105.7 goes CHR, ex-country (DX-midAMerica.com)
* IN Valparaiso WAKE 1500 goes silent (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MI Stephenson 106.3 WMXG becomes WGMV (anonymous)
* IL Galesburg WAIK 1590 flips to oldies "Oldies 1590," ex-talk (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MI Niles (South Bend market) WNIL 1290 now uses "1290 The Voice" (anonymous)
* WI Berlin (Appleton market) WBJZ 104.7 flips to active rock, ex-CHR (Jeremy Andrews)
* MN Granite Falls KDMA-FM 93.9 flips to news, farm, and classic country in simulcast with KDMA 1460 Montevideo, ex-classic hits (Upper Midwest broadcasting)
* IL Milford WJCZ 91.3 goes silent (anonymous)
* IL Elmhurst (Chicago market) WCKG 1530 flips to Fox sports, ex-talk and variety (Peter Atkinson)
* IA Coggon (Cedar Rapids market) KMMK 88.7 signs on with Catholic programming (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* MN Babbitt KZJZ 106.7 and co-owned WVVE 95.3 Grand Marais are stunting (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
Top | Back to Main Page