Radio News and Notes
This page contains news concerning radio stations, mainly (but not exclusively) within the ten states on which this site focuses (IL IN IA MI MN MO ND OH SD WI). We do not claim any degree of comprehensiveness here; I read various outside sources and also include news passed to me by hobbyists as well as items from my own listening. I cite my sources and always appreciate news tips from readers, but cannot guarantee that the information I receive is always correct and typo-free. News concerning station ownership and personnel, television, FM translators and low-power FMs, as well as changes of power and antenna height, are normally omitted from this page. The date (which changes at midnight central time) indicates when I typed the item, not necessarily when the change took or will take place, and a day's entry may be updated a few times during the course of that day. All times are central, unless otherwise specified. The newest items appear at the top, and old items are removed after one month.
We recommend activating your pop-up blocker.
* OH Niles (Youngstown market) WYCL 1540 is deleted (FCC)
* OH Warren (Youngstown market) WHTX 1570 is deleted (FCC)
* WI Milwaukee WTMJ 620 is announcing the debut of its translator, W277CV 103.3 (having moved from Waukegan IL), this morning, and I found it on the air. I first noted W241CI 96.1 Milwaukee, relaying WGLB 1560 Elm Grove, earlier this week
* ND Carrington KDAK 1600 is now classic hits "The Cardinal," ex-country and farm (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* ND Carrington KXGT 98.3 flips to country and farm in simulcast with KQLX-FM 106.1 Lisbon, ex-classic hits (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* ND Oakes KDDR 1220 remains country, now using "The Tornado" (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
In my morning commute on February 2 I caught a feature on DXing on WTMJ 620 Milwaukee, and today I obtained a URL. We hope you enjoy it.
* IN Dayton WCNB 91.5 goes silent (DX-midAMerica.com)
* IN Muncie WRFM 990 goes silent (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MI Bridgeport (Saginaw market) WHHQ 1250 requests WJMK (FCC)
* MI East Jordan (Traverse City market) WICV 100.9 requests WQHN (FCC)
* IL West Lafayette (Lafayette market) WKHL 106.7 flips to AC "Q106-7," ex-contemporary Christian, with the new call WLQQ (RadioInsight)
* IN Rushville WRLN 91.9 returns to the air with CHR "Rush 91.9 FM" (DX-midAMerica.com)
* WI Beloit WGEZ 1490 noted back on the air (Peter Atkinson)
* IL Farmer City WEXG 98.3 now uses "98.3 The Edge" (RadioInsight)
* IL Farmer City WWHP 98.3 becomes WEXG (DX-midAMerica.com)
* WI Beloit WGEZ 1490 noted off the air in recent days, though the 101.9 translator is on (Peter Atkinson)
Top | Back to Main Page