Radio News and Notes
This page contains news concerning radio stations, mainly (but not exclusively) within the ten states on which this site focuses (IL IN IA MI MN MO ND OH SD WI). We do not claim any degree of comprehensiveness here; I read various outside sources and also include news passed to me by hobbyists as well as items from my own listening. I cite my sources and always appreciate news tips from readers, but cannot guarantee that the information I receive is always correct and typo-free. News concerning station ownership and personnel, television, FM translators and low-power FMs, as well as changes of power and antenna height, are normally omitted from this page. The date (which changes at midnight central time) indicates when I typed the item, not necessarily when the change took or will take place, and a day's entry may be updated a few times during the course of that day. All times are central, unless otherwise specified. The newest items appear at the top, and old items are removed after one month.
We recommend activating your pop-up blocker.
* IL Glendale Heights (Chicago market) WJKL 94.3 becomes WAWE (DX-midAMerica.com)
* WI Beaver Dam WXRO 95.3 flips to hot AC "95X," dropping country (Northpine.com)
* OH Miamisburg (Dayton market) WFCJ 93.7 is now religious "93.7 The Light" (RadioInsight)
* OH Springfield (Dayton market) WEEC 100.7 is contemporary Christian "Hope 100.7" (RadioInsight)
* OH Lima WCIT 940 will adopt a new format at noon eastern today (RadioInsight) to classic country "The Legend 98.5 FM and 940 AM"
* IL Crystal Lake (Chicago market) WAIT 850 is carrying adult hits, ex-brokered religion, perhaps as a stunt (Jeremy Andrews)
* OH Pemberville (Toledo market) WCKY-FM 103.7, still country, now uses "Buckeye Country 103.7" (RadioInsight)
* ND New England KQLZ 95.7 is on the air with classic rock (Northpine.com)
* MN La Crescent (La Crosse market) KQEG 102.7 will flip to AC-oldies "102.7 MeTV FM" on July 1, ex-oldies (RadioInsight)
* IL Galesburg WAIK 1590 is deleted (FCC)
* MN Grand Marais WVVE 95.3 returns to the air with classic rock, in simulcast with WGMO 95.3 Spooner WI (not Shell Lake as initially posted) (Northpine.com)
* IL Carthage WCEZ 93.9 is now classic rock, ex-classic hits, still as "Z93" (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MO Carrollton KAOL 1430 is silent (DX-midAMerica.com)
Top | Back to Main Page