Radio News and Notes
This page contains news concerning radio stations, mainly (but not exclusively) within the ten states on which this site focuses (IL IN IA MI MN MO ND OH SD WI). We do not claim any degree of comprehensiveness here; I read various outside sources and also include news passed to me by hobbyists as well as items from my own listening. I cite my sources and always appreciate news tips from readers, but cannot guarantee that the information I receive is always correct and typo-free. News concerning station ownership and personnel, television, FM translators and low-power FMs, as well as changes of power and antenna height, are normally omitted from this page. The date (which changes at midnight central time) indicates when I typed the item, not necessarily when the change took or will take place, and a day's entry may be updated a few times during the course of that day. All times are central, unless otherwise specified. The newest items appear at the top, and old items are removed after one month.
We recommend activating your pop-up blocker.
* MN Grand Marais WVVE 95.3 flips to oldies and classic hits as "Oldies 102.9," in simulcast with WHRY 1450 Hurley WI and its translator (Northpine.com)
* MN Albert Lea KQPR 96.1 is now classic hits, ex-classic rock, still as "Power 96" (DX-midAMerica.com)
* MI Battle Creek WTOU 930 flips to classic hits "The Fat One," ex-urban AC, dropping its simulcast with WNWN 1560 Portage and using the new call WFAT (RadioInsight)
* MI Portage (Kalamazoo market) WNWN 1560 becomes WTOU (RadioInsight)
* IA Bettendorf KJOC 93.5 is now active rock "I-Rock 93.5," ex-sports (RadioInsight)
* IA Davenport KBOB 1170 flips to sports/ESPN "ESPN 1170," dropping classic country (RadioInsight)
* WI Stevens Point WPCN 1010 noted back on the air as of last night (Roger Frost)
* WI Stevens Point WPCN 1010 is off the air and has been the past week or so, though its translator on 92.1 is on (Roger Frost)
* MO St. Joseph KESJ 1550 flips to classic hits "Joe Town 107.5," dropping sports (RadioInsight)
* IN Crystal Lake (Chicago market) WAIT 850 will go silent, as its transmitter site land is sold (Peter Atkinson) Peter confirms that the station is off as of early afternoon
* IN Fort Wayne WLYV 1450 becomes WIOE, as South Whitley 104.3 becomes WIOE-FM (DX-midAMerica.com)
Top | Back to Main Page