Radio News and Notes
This page contains news concerning radio stations, mainly (but not exclusively) within the ten states on which this site focuses (IL IN IA MI MN MO ND OH SD WI). We do not claim any degree of comprehensiveness here; I read various outside sources and also include news passed to me by hobbyists as well as items from my own listening. I cite my sources and always appreciate news tips from readers, but cannot guarantee that the information I receive is always correct and typo-free. News concerning station ownership and personnel, television, FM translators and low-power FMs, as well as changes of power and antenna height, are normally omitted from this page. The date (which changes at midnight central time) indicates when I typed the item, not necessarily when the change took or will take place, and a day's entry may be updated a few times during the course of that day. All times are central, unless otherwise specified. The newest items appear at the top, and old items are removed after one month.
We recommend activating your pop-up blocker.
* WI Sheboygan WCLB 950 flips to hot AC "Z107," dropping sports (Upper Midwest Broadcasting)
* MI Wyoming (Grand Rapids market) WYGR 1530 flips to classic country "Jethro FM," dropping urban AC (DX-midAMerica.com)
* OH Steubenville WDIG 950 will go oldies as "Wick-Z" after the holidays, ex-urban AC, using the new call WIXZ (DX-midAMerica.com)
* OH North Madison WQGR 93.7 is stunting, having dropped hot AC, in preparation for a flip to oldies on Monday as "Gold 93.7" (RadioInsight)
* IL Oregon WSEY 95.7 flips to AC "Sky 95.7," ex-classic hits (anonymous)
* MN Minneapolis KMNB 102.9, still country, is now "102.9 The Wolf" (RadioInsight)
* IL DeKalb WCPT-FM 92.5 flips to contemporary Christian/K-Love, ex-talk and dance, IDing as WCLR (Peter Atkinson)
* OH Buchtel WAIS 770 is now religious, dropping talk (DX-midAMerica.com)
* IL DeKalb WDKB 94.9 flips to hot AC, ex-AC, and drops "B95," now IDing with calls (RadioInsight)
* WI Milwaukee WRNW 97.3 flips to sports "97.3 The Game," ex-CHR (RadioInsight) The on-air ID is "97-3 The Game"
* MN St. James (Mankato market) KXAC 100.5, now carrying Christmas music, will adopt a new format, dropping oldies, after the holidays (RadioInsight)
* OH North Canton WHOF 101.7 will drop AC and adopt a new format December 26, after carrying Christmas music (RadioInsight) not Ontario as initially posted
* MI Manistee WMTE-FM 101.5 flips to classic hits "Eagle 101.5," dropping AAA (RadioInsight)
* OH New Boston WUKV 88.3 requests WSGR (FCC)
Top | Back to Main Page