I don't have all the authors yet, but here are some good titles. I enjoyed them, maybe you would too.
- Illusions-Richard Bach
- The Bridge Across Forever-Richard Bach
- Stanger in a Strange Land
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- Hannibal-Thomas Harris
- Cold Mountain-Charles Frazier
- Any Patricia Cornwell-brain candy, but it works
- Any John Sanford-same as above-serves a purpose
- Any Jonothan Kellerman-brain candy again, but this guy is awesome. Makes you like the characters and want to read about them again.
- Prozac Nation-Elizabeth Wurtzel (this is a great book about mental illness written by someone who actually suffers from it)
- Alice in Wonderland
- Still Life with Woodpecker-Tom Robbins (really anything by him. He is amazing)
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenence-Robert Pirsig
- The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test-Tom Wolfe
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas-Hunter S. Thompson
- Anything by Anne Rice. I especially enjoy the Mayfair witches.
- Rubyfruit Jungle-Rita Mae Brown, I think.
- Anthing by Kinky Friedman-he's hilarious
- How Stella Got Her Groove Back-Terry McMillan
Best Children's Books
- Where theWild Things Are
- There's a Nightmare in my Closet
- The Rainbabies
- Teaser and the Firecat
- The Velveteen Rabbit
- The Cajun Night Before Christmas