Part Seven

From the med lab, I go to Professor Xavier’s office. The room is spaciouse and lined with books settled on stained oak shelving. There’s a huge desk made of the same wood, stained the same color. On the desk sits a state of the art computer, directly contrasting with the antique leather chair sitting in front of that desk. Finally, a bald man of sophisticated stature sits behind the desk in a weelchair. He looks up from the computer screen as soon as I enter the room.

“HLM! How you’ve changed!”

I smile and go over to him, giving him a hug in greeting. “I guess it’s been a long time since last we met.”

He nods and gestures me over to the leather chair before leaning back and steepling his fingers.

Man, why does he always remind me of Captain Picard?

“How’ve you been, my friend?” he asks.

“Pretty good, considering everything that’s happened recently.”

He nods. “Yes, I’ve heard about your mother and the run-in with the government. If you ever want to talk about it, you know the X-Men and I are here for you.”

I nod, crossing my legs and offering him a smile. “Thank you, Professor. I apreciate it.”

He smiles back and nods. “Now about those dreams you’ve been having…”

 

After I finish the story, the professor sits silently for a moment.

“Well, uhm, does any of this sound like anything you’ve encountered before?” I ask uncomfortably.

“Well,” he begins pensivly, “Mr. Sinister, as well as a few more of our adversaries can invade dreams and minds.

However, none of our enemies also believe that a key to understanding who this person is and what their motives are lies within your dreams…”

I sigh softly. “But I can’t remember these dreams…”

“I can help you with that, you know.”

I blink. He’s the most powerful telephat in the world. I have a problem with my mind.

Geeze, Moron, you sure don’t know how to put two and two together, do ya?

“Wull, sounds good to me.”

 

Within the next hour, we’re back in the med lab, and I’m hooked up to one thousand and one machiens. Sounds like a bad movie.

I lean back in the reclining chair and try to ignore the electrodes sticking to my skin. Closing my eyes, I relax as I feel the Professor putting his hands gently on the sides of my head. I open my  mind as I feel Charles prodding my barriers. Within a few moments, I decend into the depths of sleep.

Part Six
Part Eight
Mind Index