Sakura in Paris
Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Sakura Taisen was created by Ooji Hiroi-sensei; all rights reserved by Red Company & Sega, Bandai
this st fanfiction is by Jill Mangaliman original posting: cannot remember. Last revisions: 3/9/1, 8/15/1
notes: i wrote this a long time ago prior to my st3 education. but after doing my research; ie, several websites & articles; i've realized my many errors. 1) all of the Paris girls names 2) Oogami's promotion from Shou'i to Chuu'i 3)the name of the Paris HQ, and other bad French grammerical errors (althought I'm sure I didn't catch them all, even w/ 4 years of study) so here is a the revision version of this timely tale. please enjoy!

Sakura in Paris


SUMIRE'S NARRATION:
It's been a whole year since Shou'i left. A whole year. Since then, life at the Teigeki has become a bit boring. With Maria as taichou, there isn't any tension going on, nor any excitement. Being Hanagumi has lost its meaning for me. Does it has something to do with Chuui leaving?

He is there and I am here...I cannot stand it. How can Sakura-san and the others be content with memories? I am definitely not content. The way he left, not giving us a certainty of return, it wasn't fair. Then, again, nothing is fair in life. Still, I want to see him. Just once more. So I can refirm whether or not I want to be Hanagumi. So life won't be as boring. If this is the case, then there is one thing I must do.

* * *
"Sumireeeee!!!" Airisu called, knocking on the door. No answer. "Time for dinner!" No answer. She turned to the stuff bear under her arm. "Nee, Jean-Paul, suppose she's asleep?" The bear blankly stared at her. "Shall we go inside and wake her?" The bear stared blankly. She turned the knob and slowly crept inside the room. "Sumire?"

The room was empty. The drawers seemed to have pulled from the closet and a heap of hangers were on the floor.

"S-Sumire??"

At that moment, she noticed a letter under her foot. She bent down, read it, and then screamed.

"KYAAAAAAA!"

* * * *
Word got out on what happened. Apparently, Sumire had ran away, on a boat to Paris. Yoneda handled the circumstance orderly, calling her parents and grandfather, telling them what had happened and assuring her safe return. He and Maria had talked the matter out seriously, deciding that they must send someone to retrieve Sumire before her family got more worried and before she got in some sort of trouble.

"Maria, I advise you to take the next boat to France and bring Sumire home as soon as possible." Yoneda said, sitting at his desk and reaching for the sake.

"I understand, Sir." Maria replied, "I'll leave as soon as I can."

"Wait a minute! Airisu want to go! Airisu is from France and can interpret! Also... Airisu wants to see Onii-chan!"

Maria and Yoneda stared at the determined girl standing in her chair. "Iris," Maria said, "There's no way I can keep an eye on you and look for Sumire at the same time..."

"Airisu can take care of herself! Airisu is not a child!"

Sakura got up from her seat and walked towards the desk. "Shihainin, I want to go as well. In place of Maria-san."

"NANI!?" everyone was shocked.

Sakura explained herself, "Maria-san is the Taichou of this Hanagumi. We cannot risk not having her here in times of battle. I truly believe that it'll be best if she stayed and someone like me should go. Also, this will be my chance to prove my competence for the team. I want you to rely on me on bringing both Iris and Sumire-san home safely."

Yoneda and Maria exchanged looks. After a moment of silence, Maria gave an efficient nod, then Yoneda gave his verbal approval. "Leave as soon as you can. I'll see if we can alert the Hanagumi in Paris. If you run into any trouble, let us know.

Airisu and Sakura happily replied, "Yokai!"

* * *
They packed right away, while Maria went out to purchase their tickets for the evening boat. As they brought their things down into the lobby, the other members of the Hanagumi came to give them their farewells.

"You two take care, all right? It won't do if you got lost as well." Kanna said, patting them on the head, "Find that Snake Woman quickly and give her scolding for me, will ya?

Orihime noted, "Have a safe trip. Say 'hello' to Chuui-san for me."

Kouran handed Sakura a camera. "Please take lots of pictures, Sakura-han. Especially of the ' Arc de Triumph' and the 'Eiffel Tower'. "

"Kouran..." Sakura uttered, "You wanted to come as well, don't you?"

Kouran laughed, rubbing the back of her head. "No, no! I've got so much repairs to do on the Koubu-kai, its so not funny. Enjoy Paris, that's all I ask." Sakura smiled and nodded.

Reni timidly handed Airisu a purse of money. "Could you.... buy me a hat?"

"Airisu promises!"

Maria arrived back with a taxi to bring Sakura and Airisu to the harbor. Yoneda went with them and reminded them of their tasks once more. He wasn't sure if he was making a mistake, but he feel that he had to do this. "I'm counting on you." he said as they boarded the boat.

Sakura replied, "I won't fail you."

Airisu added, "Don't worry, Airisu is with Sakura-oneechan, so there is no such thing as failure."

"I hope so..." Yoneda uttered to himself as the boat set sail.

* * *
They stayed on the deck, watching Japan disappear from their eyes. The sun was setting on the ocean. "What was Sumire thinking... going to see Onii-chan without us! Airisu won't forgive her!"

Sakura said, "Sumire-san must've really wanted to see him again."

"Airisu wants to see Onii-chan also! Ever since Onii-chan left, it's all Airisu can think about. Ne, you think Onii-chan's still the same Onii-chan?"

"I don't know." Sakura replied, " I mean, it's been a whole year. People can change in such a short time."

"Onii-chan could be mean, or cranky, and don't like Airisu anymore."

Sakura looked thoughtful. "He might have grown a mustache... or a beard."

Airisu face-faulted. "Waaaai! Onii-chan will be ugly!" she cried. She paused for a moment then pointed out, "I bet Onii-chan will be the same Onii-chan after all. Ne, Sakura, do you want to see Onii-chan?"

Sakura gazed out to sea and nodded. "For the first time I've been on a boat, the first time I'm leaving Japan. It's been my dream to see what's outside of what I know. Now, I'm crossing the world and on the other side is..."

Airisu hugged Jean-Paul happily and uttered, "Onii-chan..."

* * *
IRIS' NARRATION:
I don't know how long we've been on the boat for. It seems like Forever. Iris is getting impatient. Iris want to see Onii-chan now!

When Sakura said she had never been on a boat before, she wan't kidding. She's constantly getting sea sick and throwing up overboard. Very gross. Right now she's in our cabin, moaning and trying to get better.

Airisu prefers staying on deck. It's nice weather and there's some interesting people to look at. I wonder if they have someone they want to see as well. I wonder if Onii-chan wants to see Airisu. Does Onii-chan miss Iris? I hope so. I really really hope so.

* * *
Finally the boat arrived in the French harbour. Sakura happily ran off the boat, cheering, “Land! Land!”

Airisu followed, more calmly. “Wait, Sakura. Those men are still bringing Airisu’ stuff.” A group of men came down carrying handfuls of luggage. Sakura watched with big eyes as Iris counted her bags. “8… 9… 10… that’s all Airisu’s stuff. Merci beaucoup!”

They nodded and walked away, exhausted from carrying such heavy bags. Sakura exclaimed, “What exactly did you bring??”

“Oh you know, clothes and Jean-Paul’s friends.” Airisu replied. Sakura’s mouth just dropped open. Airisu started walking down the pier and onto the street. “Ne, Sakura! Let’s go find Onii-chan!”

“Shihainin did say that he’d contact the Paris Hanagumi. Surely Sumire-san would have gone there, wouldn’t she?”

“Hai! Airisu think we should head over there! Which way? Which way?”

Sakura cried, “Eeeh? You mean you don’t know?”

Airisu crossed her arms. “Airisu is from France, but does not live in Paris. Airisu only been here twice with Mama and Papa, so how would Iris know? Ne, check the map in the traveler’s guide Maria gave you.”

“Hai!” Sakura said, digging into her small sack, “Hm…Paris is really big… uh, ano… IT’S NOT IN HERE!!!”

“WHAT?!”

The two girls sat on the ground, looking miserable. “Now that I think about it.” Sakura sighed, “The Paris Teikoku Kagekidan is fairly new… and might be called something else...”

Airisu finished her sentence. “So it wouldn’t be in that map.” she sighed, “MOU!!!”

Sakura snapped her fingers. “We can’t give up yet! I’m sure if we ask around, someone will help us find the Teikoku Kagekidan!”

“You’re right! Let’s try!” Airisu said, jumping up. She paused and smiled. “Sakura… will you help Airisu carry these?” Sakura stared at the piled of luggage and fell flat on her back. Iris stood over her. “You said we can’t give up yet! Come on! They’re not too heavy!”

* * *
Back at the Tokyo Teigeki, Maria stood on the terrace, gazing out thoughtfully. A gush of wind blew her hair away from her green eyes that were usually hidden. “Did I do the right thing?” she uttered.

From behind, Kanna patter her the shoulder. “Don’t worry. They’ll be all right.”

“Do you really think so?”

Kanna nodded. “Yoshi! As Taichou, you’ve gotta have faith in your members!”

Maria clutched the rail. “That’s the thing. I don’t know if I’m good enough …that is to replace Taichou Oogami.”

“Maria, don’t talk like that!” Kanna argued, “Sure, Taichou was great, but he’s not here!” Her voice saddened, “He left us. All of us…”

“Kanna…”

“It’s okay. I don’t cry about these types of things.” she said, forcing a laugh, “Come on, let’s go inside. I’m getting hungry.” Maria nodded and started towards the door. Kanna stopped her. “Hey…from today on, I’m going to call you ‘Taichou’, if it’s all right with you.”

Maria smiled. “Aa, it’s fine.”

Kanna returned the smile. “That’s more like you, Taichou.”

* * *
The girls stood on at a street corner. Sakura was carrying all of Airisu’s luggages as Airisu held onto Sakura’s little sack and Jean-Paul. However, Airisu did put a lot of effort trying to get someone’s help.

“Pardone-moi! Monsieur, ou est la theatre imperiale?”

Sakura looked back and forth, thinking, ‘I can’t understand anything. What are they saying?’

The man walked away. “That Ojisan didn’t know. Airisu will keep trying though. Oh! Maybe those people over there can help us!”

As she ran towards a group of people, Sakura slowly slumped down onto the curb, resting from carrying all the bags. “Itai!” she sighed, “Paris is such a big city. I wonder were the Teikoku Kagekidan could possibly be.”

She gazed out into the crowds and watched the people pass. One person caught her eye.

“SUMIRE-SAAAN?!”

“Merci beaucoup!” Airisu chimed, bowing her head on habit. She then rushed over to where she had left Sakura. “Hora! That couple gave us directions, but all we needed to do was call a cab…!” She was talking to just a pile of luggage. “Sakura? Where did she go?”


Next