WHO GOES DOOR-TO-DOOR?
- The Volunteers contacted by phone and follow-up letter.
- Republican veterans of past door-to-door campaigns.
- Party workers and former campaign workers.
- PCOs and their volunteers.
THEY TAKE WITH THEM?
- A name badge properly identifying them as door-to-door volunteers.
- Proper clothing for such door-to-door activity, which will vary with the
circumstances. However, be sure to dress warmly for early Spring weather.
- Several sharpened pencils.
- A clipboard or something hard to write on.
- A map of the streets and the walking route to be covered.Registration
Information, including Absentee ballot information.
- Republican information on general Party philosophy or organization --NOT
specific campaign or candidate information.
- A script to be given or read at each door.
- A sheet to mark the responses at each door as indicated by
following the script.
- A political facts answer sheet to help the volunteer answer questions
asked by those being interviewed.
- "Sorry We Missed You" cards to be left if no one is at home.
- Change or a cell phone to call headquarters with questions or problems.