Although the Inland Empire Highway was designated as State Road No. 3, the Eastern Route or Division of the Inland Empire Highway was not assigned a State Road number. The Easter Route began at the Idaho state line a few miles north of Lewiston and headed north-northwesterly via Uniontown and Colton to Pullman, then north-northeasterly to Palouse, then north- northwesterly to garfield and Oakesdale, ending at a junction with the trunk of the Inland Empire Highway just south of Rosalia. In 1926, the Eastern Route from the Idaho state line to Pullman became part of US 195. 1937 legislation redesignated the Eastern Route of the Inland Empire Highway as the Pullman-Idaho branch of Primary State Highway (PSH) 3 and the remainder as the Eastern Division branch of PSH 3.
Primary State Hwys Secondary State Hwys
State Roads 1923-37