State Road No. 6 Pend Oreille Highway began in Spokane at Jct. State Road No. 2 Sunset Highway and headed north-northeasterly to Newport, then northweterly and northerly to the Canadian border north of Metalie Falls. A spur of State Road No. 6 branched off from the trunk at Newport and headed east to the Idaho state line. The Pend Oreille Highway from Spokane to Newport plus the spur to the Idaho state line became part of US 195 in 1926. State Road No. 6 was redesignated as Primary State Highway 6 in 1937.
Primary State Hwys Secondary State Hwys
State Roads 1923-37