The name Kornhöfstadt means a complex of houses (buildings) that were connected to each other, and served as storage areas for grain. (formerly "Kornhöfe" ("grain farms")).
Kornhöfstadt was mentioned in a document on 20 Dec. 1339. A castle is said to have stood where the present village pond is now located. The castle was purchased by von Schwarzenberg in 1458. Due to the Peasants' War, it was completely destroyed in 1525 and was not rebuilt. The left over farms permanently changed owners until about 1700.
The old Catholic Church of St. Margareta, probably dating back to the 14th century, was extended in 1730 and 1803. It showed a picture of Brother Konrad of Parzham on the altarpiece. In 1956 the church was pulled down, but a few years earlier, in 1932-33, a new Church of St. Margareta had been built at the north-west border of the village. For its construction, only blue sandstone from a quarry north of the village was used. The quarry can still be visited today.
Until its integration into the Scheinfeld School Association in 1969/70, the village elementary school (grade 1-8) employed two teachers, who had their own apartments in the basement of the school building.
Until the regional reorganization in 1972 Kornhöfstadt was an independent municipality, as were the neighboring villages of Neuses and Birkach . The village was once inhabited only by farmers and workmen, but has evolved to a more urban area with shops and a population of retired farmers as well.
In 1441, the Margrave (Count, Earl, Military Governor) Johann von Brandenburg released Thierberg from the ruling federation of Ansbach-Bayreuth in an exchange and thereby retired the Lords of Schwarzenberg.
Thierberg is situated on a rough sandstone escarpment, which has always caused difficulties with the water supply. These difficulties were finally solved in 1973 by connecting the locality to the remote water network.
In August 1892, probably due to a major fire, a fire-brigade association was created, and in 1971, a soccer association, the Athletic Union (Spielvereinigung) of Thierberg-Klosterdorf was also created, which to this day still dominate the social life in Thierberg to a large extent.
Ecclesiastically and scholastically, the village has long been connected with the villages of Klosterdorf and Schwarzenberg.