Membership requirements in Appalachian Contesters is clearly defined in the club Constitution. Please read the following section on new members as it is written in the Constitution.
New members may be added to Appalachian Contesters by recommendation of 2 existing members and by approval of 60 percent of club members. Once a new member is recommended by 2 members, the club Praetor will contact all club members asking for their vote on membership.
All members of Appalachian Contesters must:
- either live, work, own property, or have other strong affiliation with the Appalachian region as defined by the Appalachian Regional Development Act.
- be a licensed Amateur Radio operator.
- be active in some aspect of radiosport.
Membership dues: Membership in Appalachian Contesters is subject to annual dues of $10.00.
Retaining membership: Membership in Appalachian Contesters is on an annual basis beginning the first day of each calendar year. Membership may retained for an additional year by:
Any member becoming 90 days behind on his dues shall become an inactive member and lose all voting privileges. If a member falls 180 days behind on his dues he shall no longer be a member of Appalachian Contesters and will be subject to the new member procedure stated above.
- Submitting at least one contest log to a contest sponsor during the calendar year.
- Participation in a contest activity such as a DXpedition, gridDXpedition, or contest operation during the calendar year.
- By requesting membership retention in writing or via electronic means to the club Consul.
If you would like to join Appalachian Contesters and agree with the requirements listed above, then please fill out the form below. If you have any problems with submitting this form to us, please send an email to consul1 at w4app.com and we will send you an application.