Spotting Louis Vuitton Knock-Off's
Don't Fall Victim to Purchasing a Fake Louis Vuitton
- Don't fall for Fakes
- There are numerous knock-off's out there (as there are with any high-end designer bag) and I'll be the first to admit that they are hard to distinguish. The only way you can be 100% positive that you are purchasing an authentic Louis Vuitton with your hard earned cash is to simply buy it from a LV store or eluxury.com (official online provider and seller for LV). In creating this website, I hope that you will find it useful before purchasing what you think is an authentic Louis Vuitton.
- A common ground for those wishing to sell is ebay. Many sellers (if not all of them) will state that there bags up for action are 100% authentic, but warning, they aren't. Even those sellers selling their bags for full retail price may be trying to fool you. If you are going to purchase a bag from ebay ask the seller ask many questions as you desire about your future purpose. If they do not respond, or if they dance around the question, they are fakes selling fakes, and simply do NOT buy from them. Another dead giveaway sign is the seller's posted pictures. If they only have a few pictures and refuse to send more, they are selling a non-authentic. If they only have pictures posted (professional) from the LV website, do NOT buy. You will get something absolutely phony. Even thoug many sellers are putting a fake up for auction, this does not go for the enitre ebay selling population. Many will clearly state that they are selling a Louis Vuitton INSPIRED product. Then there are the rare few that are selling the real deal for real cheap. But still if you have questions, just ask. If the seller is selling a product that is authentic they will have ntohing to hide.
- THE DEAD GIVEAWAY SIGNS:
- It is difficult to mention all of the signs, ecspecially since some of the signs only apply for certian Louis Vuitton styles, but I'll try my hardest!
- A CANVAS, LEATHER, CORDUROY, ETC INTERIOR LINING-
- Wow, is that a dead giveaway. Almost all LV handbags contain an alcantara lining, which is almost like a suede, but a lot softer and appears more velvety looking. The basic colors are taupe/beige (comonly found in the monogram canvas [brown] models), raspberry/red (white multicolor, cherise models), and a gray colroing in the black multicolor. Some models also contain a saffron lining (Flat Shopper Denim series), micro monogram (the solid color leather models), and/or some canvas lining, which keep in mind are in the canvas exterior models. NOTE: There is never a canvas lining in any LV handbag!
- UNCENTERED LV's-
- On many models that contain an outter gussed poscket(s), such as the Manhattan PM/GM and Speedy 30, there should be an LV symbol directly above the closure or lock of the pocket as well as one directly underneath.
- MISMATCHED PATTERNS ALONG ZIPPER CLOSURE-
- If you are looking at a bag that contains a main compartment zipper closure, either side of the zipper should contain a pattern that coincides with the pattern on the opposing side of the zipper (confusing, I know, that's why I have pictures!).
- SERIAL #/CODE ON A FREE HANGING TAG-
- Louis Vuitton always finds a way of hiding the serial markings on their products. Most likely the code can be found as a heat embossed number inside of the pocket of the bag. If there is a leather tag hanging off the side (of the interior of course) of the bag that contains a number, it is a FAKE!
- If there is a zipper compartment inside of the bag, it is simply not authentic. Real LV handbags contain a patch pocket located directly underneath and center of the LV brand tag. The majority of the LV bags DO NOT contain numerous interior pockets, such as a call phone pocket. Models that I am assured only contain one internal patch pocket are the Manhattan PM and GM and the Speedy 30 models.
- SLEEP BAG/ DUSTER-
- It's that bag that the actual LV comes in (and of course if it does not come with one it is not authentic). The city bags have a duster that had a fold-over flap (not a drawstring or anything) that is a creme color and has LOUIS VUITTON written in capped bold lettering across its bottom. The shoe bags are rectangular looking, with a draw string and LOUIS VUITTON in capped bold letters located in its bottom right corner. The picture on this site shows a perfect example of a FAKE duster. If it has basically what the brand name tag says printed on it, it is not authentic.
- If the bag is not made well it is not real. One of the main reasons why LV bags are so high priced is because of their high-quality craftsmenship. The authentic LV bags are made to last for a lifetime. Truthfully, the bags look better as they age. The pale brown trimmings and handles oxidize to a dark honey color, then to a dark brown after years of use. It gives the bags more character and an antiqued look.
- If the design contains different shapes or the exact LV shapes but in a different order, it is not real. The LV Denim Series is a collection of denim monogram bags that are made much like the human race- neither 2 are exactly alike. However, the classic LC monograms are the same...it's just the denim's fading in areas that is different.
- THE TAGS-
- A lot about the bag's authenticity can be found in the attached tags. Many of the dangling tags that contain a creme colored circle with shiny, metallic, marroon lettering are not authenic, ecspecially if this is the only tag attached.
- This website has been created to help the serious Louis Vuitton buyer. It is not intended to offend or munipulate any one person at any given time. Thank you for visiting, I hope it helped! Remember, LV's are an expensive addiction, it's alright to have a fake, afterall not everyone can tell the difference! NOTE: I am in no way or form condoning the act of purchasing a knock-off...the authentic Louis Vuitton products are beautiful and with the proper care they will last a lifetime!
The Official Louis Vuitton Website
A Site With Nothing But Knock-Offs
Take a Look for Yourself (just type Louis Vuitton in the search field)-Ebay
Buy an Athentic Louie Here!
This website has been created to help the serious Louis Vuitton buyer. It is not intended to offend or munipulate any one person at any given time.
Thank you for visiting, I hope it helped! Remember, LV's are an expensive addiction, it's alright to have a fake, afterall not everyone can tell the difference! NOTE: I am in no way or form condoning the act of purchasing a knock-off...the authentic Louis Vuitton products are beautiful and with the proper care they will last a lifetime!