Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Author's Notes on Chapter 7


Well, some of you have noticed that Tenchi and Company are giving Sasami a really tough time for what might be argued as a very minor incident. I wanted everyone to understand why I was writing all this rough work on Sasami, so I figured I better write a note or two.

Primarily, there is a long tradition amongst almost all martial arts, be it empty hand or kobudo(weapons) arts, of training the mind along with the body. In many cases this involves a test in which the body is pushed beyond its limits under harsh conditions. It is at this point where the student realizes there is an inner spark of the mind which can make the body continue on even when that body has given up.

The Mind leads the Spirit, and Spirit leads the Body.

At any rate, one might still ask, geeez why would anyone be masochistic enough to do this to other people, much less allow it to happen to themselves?

Well, in answer to this, I have posted a little parable called the Emperor Moth Story in the Martial Arts section of my webpage. Hopefully, it will answer your questions. If you have any other concerns, feel free to write me!

Sincerely,

Mike McAvoy