EZ Glass Lettering In PSP7 (PI follows) (By CFile 2002)
Favorite Tube to use & a white sparkle tube
(or ones used in examples: "Dascha" or "Presidente Tequilla". They can be found through "search" at www.fontseek.com)
Super Blade Pro preset
[***You can get it here: kglass4.q5q (download to your environment & textures folder ...or you can get other glass presets here:
*sample done in PI:
PI is very similar.
Glass letters PI
1. Open up a new canvas in PI (400 X 400) Choose Stamp you wish to use. Go to Format > Frame & Shadow. Choose the shadow that "goes to the right" direction. Set up is listed as numbers: 40 Tilt angle, 80 Perspective, 60 Transparency, 100 Shadow Size , 7 Soft edge (Click on background to stop "ants marching")
2. Click on "T" adding Text. (Size around 72.. you can always resize if it is too big or too small) .. (This automatically will add new layer in PI)
3. With Ants still marching on Text, apply Material gallery > Metallic > M14 (This will give you your glass effect) Move text to where you want it placed.
4. Go to Objects >Convert to image. Go to Format > Frame & Shadow. Choose the shadow that "goes to the right" direction. Set up is listed as numbers: 40 Tilt angle, 80 Perspective, 60 Transparency, 100 Shadow Size , 7 Soft edge .
5. Click again on Stamp (from step one). Copy & paste. It will be reflected in the upper left corner. Go to Transparency & set anywhere between 45-60 on the slider.
6. Cut the faint/transparent layer using Scissor icon.
7. Click on your glass letters again so they have marching ants.
8. Go to edit> paste >into selection... move it around until it is placed in the same spot lining up with the first stamp layer but inside the glass letters.
9. Go to effect > Sharpen (choosing first sharpen selection)
10. When you have it the way you want then go to Objects > Select all Objects > Merge as Single Object..
11. Duplicate layer twice (it will put them in seperate windows). Add sparkles stamps to each window/image... again, go to Objects > Select all Objects > "MERGE ALL" on each window so it will give you a white background.
12. Save each window as a ufo file (name1.ufo, name2.ufo, name3.ufo)
13. "Switch" to Ulead animation. Open up Animation Wizard. Bring in Name1, Name2, Name 3. Save as gif.
***Tutorial is written & owned by ChristaFile79. No copying & posting to another website or message board is permitted. Links are appreciated.***