Welcome to Roanoke Gurdwara. We are a small community in Roanoke Valley and surrounding areas of Southwest Virginia, USA. At present we do Kirtan and Path organized by local families in their own home, Shantiniketan temple or other places. We will like to have our own Gurdwara Building some time in near future. Your contributions to achieve this dream are requested. Please mail your checks to this address:
2803 Fairway Forest Drive
Salem, VA 24153
We will also invite you to become a member of the Sikh Gurdwara.
There are three classes of membership based on the payment of dues mentioned along with the class:
1. General Member: $25 per year payable by December 31 of the prior year.
2. Life member: One time payment of $1000.
3. Special Member: Retired persons, persons unable to pay due to physical limitations and full time students: No annual membership fee and no right to vote.
Any person 18 years of age or older, irrespective of caste, creed, color, race, sex or national origin who subscribes to the specific objectives and purposes, participates regularly in its activities and devotes time to Roanoke Gurdwara shall be qualified to become a member upon payment of the dues.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES AND PURPOSES
The specific objectives and purposes of this corporation shall be:
1. to propagate the teachings of Sikh Gurus and Guru Granth Sahib;
2. to promote religious, educational, social and cultural aspects of Sikhism;
3. to hold congregations regularly and to partake in celebrating Gurpurbs and other specific occasions related to the teachings of Sikh Gurus and Guru Granth Sahib in befitting manner;
4. to establish and maintain a Gurdwara (Sikh Center) in Southwestern Virginia; and
5. to coordinate activities with other Sikh Institutions.
For additional information, please contact one of the committee members or Daas:
Surindra J. Singh.