Please READ the DISCLAIMER before you even THINK of writing me a rude letter.
Inspirational # 53
I know I HAD my favorite sayings listing above this page, it has quotes. However I HAD 60 listed but the thing only post 55, don't ask me why I dunno, the device had no warning of a limit but I guess there is one, so Inspirational # 53 is dedicated to quotes, since I deleted the favorite sayings device, because it became a hassle. These quotes will be added and updated regularly.
2. "The human mind can bear plenty of reality, but not too much intermittent gloom."
3. "Speak when you're angry – and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret."
4. "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known."
5. "Never desert your own line of talent. Be what nature intended you for, and you will succeed."
6. "Give me a man who sings at his work."
7. Follow your bent, not just your wallet.
8. I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody
9. If I never said a word, what would my life say to you?
10. If life knocks you flat on your back, open your eyes, above you are the stars.
11. There is no greater act of love than to spend your life teaching others how to do it.
12. "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are right."
13. "In most countries jail is a place society sends its failures but in America, society itself is a failure, but if it isn't your fault, who's fault is it?"
14. "Hold a friend's hand through times of trials, show you care with hugs and smiles!"
15. "Having a dream is not stupid, it's NOT having one that is."
16."Confidence comes from not always being right, but from not afraid of being wrong"
17. Happiness can be found in many ways and a smile will always light the way to your happiness. Share your smile and light the way for others. Speak words of kindness and love and you will be rewarded with happiness forever.
18. Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you will understand what little chance you have of trying to change others
19. Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
20. "People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong... Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?"
21. "God gives every bird its food, but He doesn't throw it into the nest."
22. A THOUGHT FOR A LIFETIME..."If you love someone, put their name in a circle, not a heart. Circles go on forever, but a heart can be broken."
23. Give up any hope of a better past, and move on.
24. "With so many haters all around, it's hard to see your true friends."
25. "Be authenic and genuine, if you lose someone's trust it's almost impossible to regain it."
26. "Live every day of your life as though there is no tomorrow"
27. "Courage is rarely reckless or foolish . . . courage usually involves a highly realistic estimate of the odds that must be faced."
28."All serious daring starts from within."
29. "Life is not a static thing. The only people who do not change their minds are incompetents in asylums, and those in cemeteries."
30. Seize the day – it's the only one you can be sure you'll have:
31. "Redeem thy mis-spent time that's past: / Live this day, a if 'twere they last."
32. "The life so short, the craft so long to learn."
33. "When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to die."
34. "Never give way to melancholy; resist it steadily, for the habit will encroach."
35. "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."
36. If things at the office get you down, remind yourself of why you're there
37. "No other technique for the conduct of life attaches the individual so firmly to reality as laying emphasis on work; for his work at least gives him a secure place in a portion of reality, in the human community."
38. "If you don't want to work you have to work to earn enough money so that you won't have to work."
39. "Two can live as cheaply as one – if they both have good jobs."
40. The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children.
41. "Love the moment and the energy of the moment will spread beyond all boundaries."
42. "The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak."
43. "That friendship will not continue to the end which is begun for an end."
44. "We have one simple rule here: Be kind."
45. "I've distilled everything to one simple principle – win or die."
46. "I jes trying to get on without shovin' anybody, that's all."
47. "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope or confidence."
48. "It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it."
49. "One should count each day a separate life."
50. "Bang-whang-whang goes the drum, tootle-tetootle the fife;
51. "Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together."
52. "Music that gentlier on the spirit lies, Than tired eyelids upon tired eyes."
53. "For me, the safest place is out on a limb."
54. "We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes."
56. "Life-transforming ideas have always come to me through books."
58. "The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read."
59. "The world is all gates, all opportunities, strings of tension waiting to be struck."
60. "If you can't accept losing, you can't win."
61. "Putting off an easy thing makes it hard. Putting off a hard thing makes it impossible."
62. "Dying seems less sad than having lived too little."
63. "To bring the dead to life is no great magic. Few are wholly dead: Blow on a dead man's embers and a live flame will start."
64. "Death? Why this fuss about death? Use your imagination, try to visualize a world without death! . . . Death is the essential condition of life, not an evil."
65. "Good friends are good for your health."
66. "People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes."
67. "Unrest of spirit is a mark of life."
68. "Bringing up a family should be an adventure, not an anxious discipline in which everybody is constantly graded for performance."
69. "The real menace in dealing with a five-year-old is that in no time at all you begin to sound like a five-year-old."
70. "If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylum would be filled with mothers."
71. "Some leaders are born women."
72. "One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."
73. "It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was."
74. "To do two things at once is to do neither."
75. "Concentrate your energies, your thoughts and your
capital.... The wise man puts all his eggs in one basket and watches the basket."
76. "Each man is capable of doing one thing well. If he attempts several, he will fail to achieve distinction in any."
77. "My advice to you is not to inquire why or whether but just enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate – that's my philosophy."
78. "The squeaky wheel doesn't always get greased; it often gets replaced."
79. "There is no substitute for hard work."
80. "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do. That is character!
81. "From self alone expect applause."
82. "She lacks confidence, she craves admiration insatiably. She lives on the reflections of herself in the eyes of others. She does not care to be herself."
SUBMITTED BY: Me (Moonlght80)