TAXIS GENEALOGY PAGE, Page 4
This is where the documentation of the TAXIS, von TAXIS, etc. lines end. The information from Christoph von TAXIS on back (except for the one document describing the dispute over the Augsburg Post Office) has been taken from various sources on the internet, encyclopedia articles, etc. I have been trying to document this information. Anyone having any documentation on Christoph von TAXIS and his ancestors, please contact me. Thank you.
Please note: Christoph von TAXIS and his wife Regina von TAXIS were cousins. Until their two TAXIS lines merge, the following generations will show two different branches of the TAXIS ancestry.
More TAXIS / von TAXIS GENERATIONS
- Antonius von TAXIS about 1542. He was the son of Christoph de TAXIS. He was the Austrian Court Postmaster in Augsburg. According to various internet sources, Antonius was married 3 times. I do not know any information regarding wife #1, not even her name. Wife #2 was Katharina de TAXIS, whom I know nothing about either - not even if de TAXIS was her maiden name or her married name. Wife #3 was named Ursula, whom I also know nothing about. I do not know which marriage or marriages produced the 4 children that I list here.
Children of Antonius von TAXIS
- Johann von TAXIS was murdered in 1559. He was a Burgher (citizen) of Augsburg. Johann married Felizitas RITTERIN.
- Ambrosi von TAXIS died in 1546. He was a Postmaster of Augsburg.
- Christoph von TAXIS - born about 1532 (see Page 3).
- Felizitas von TAXIS married Hans KAISER about 1554. Hans was a goldsmith in Augsburg.
- Johann Baptista von TAXIS was born about 1470, in Cornello, and died 16 October 1541, and buried in Brussels. An alternate date of death of 06 December 1542, in Regensburg, Oberpfalz, Bayern, is given on the I.G.I., under the name of Jean B. de la TOUR et TASSIS. Johann Baptista was the son of Ruggerio II de TASSO and Alegria ALBRICCI. He had a spouseless relationship with Barbara di WALCHER. I do not know whether or not she was the mother of his two illegitimate children, but I will list them under her name here. Johann Baptista married Christina von WACHTENDONK on 06 March 1513, in Antwerp. Christina died on 05 January 1561 in (Mechelen) Malines, Belgium, and is buried in Brussels.
Johann Baptista's occupations were: Imperial Court Postmaster, Podesta of Clusone, Councillor of Bergamo, and Imperial Councillor.
I found the following information for a Johannes von TAXIS, whom I believe is the same person as Johann Baptista von TAXIS, and Jean Baptista de la TOUR et TASSIS.:
Franz von TAXIS died in 1517, at which time his business and title of Imperial Postmaster was inherited by his nephew Johannes von TAXIS. The family's close connections to the Habsburg court continued after the accession of Charles V in 1519. Johannes became a close companion of the new emperor and was present during many military campaigns and Imperial Diets. Johannes also established the first army postal service and consolidated his family's holdings. By his death in 1541, Johannes had played a major role in perpetuating the family's wealth and future rise to power.
The two references given for the above information:
D.Schwennicke: Europaische Stammtafeln, Vol. V, Tafel 127. Marburg, 1988 (Please note that there are no references given in the Europaische Stammtafeln for this information).
J. Siebmacher: J. Siebmachers grosses Wappenbuch, Band?-4B,. Neustadt a.d.Aisch, Bauer & Rspe, 1972/4.
Children of Johann Baptista von TAXIS and Barbara di WALCHER
- Johann Anton de TAXIS. He was legitimized in 1539. Johann Anton was the Spanish Postmaster in Rome.
- Antonius de TAXIS was born in 1509, in Innsbruck, and died in 1574, in Antwep, where he is also buried. Antonius married Anna van WAELSCAPPEL, in 1542, in Vere, Seeland (Zealand). Anna died in 1582, and is buried in Antwerp. Antonius was the Imperial Postmaster in Antwerp.
Children of Johann Baptista von TAXIS and Christina von WACHTENDONK
- Rogerius de TAXIS was born in 1513, in Malines; and died in 1593, in Antwerp. He was the Chancellor of the University of Louvaine. He had a spouseless relationship with Cornelia de HASE, with whom he had an illegitimate son, Jean Baptiste de TASSIS.
- Raimundo de TASSIS was born about 1515, in Malines, and died in 1579, in Madrid. He was the Spanish Head Postmaster. Raimundo married Catalina de Acuna.
- Franciscus de TASSIS was born in 1521, and died in 1543. He was an Imperial General Postmaster.
- Lenart I Baron von TAXIS was born in 1521; and died 05 May 1612 in Brussels, where he is also buried. He was the Imperial and Spanish Head Postmaster of the Netherlands, Head General Postmaster of the Empire in 1575, and Imperial Councillor. Lenart was married twice. He married Margareta DAMANT in 1546. Margareta died in 1549, and is buried in Brussels. Lenart then married Louise Boisot de ROUHA, before 1556. Louise died 10 July 1610.
- Ludwig de TAXIS a.k.a. Loys de TAXIS. He died after 10 January 1568. Ludwig married Anna LOOMANS after 1541.
Johann Baptista de TAXIS was born about 1530 in Brussels, and died in 1610, in Madrid. He is buried in Valladolid. Johann Baptista was a Spanish Emissary at the French Court, and Councillor of the Netherlands.Johann was married twice. He married Elisabeth Pensgert before 1559. He married Helene de L'ESPINEE, in 1562, in Brussels. Helene was born about 1534, in Namur; and died in 1598, in Brussels.
- Ursula de TAXIS was a nun.
Margareta de TAXIS died in 1596, and is buried in Malines. She married Charles BOISOT, in 1535. He died in 1546.
Maria de TAXIS died in 1601, and is buried in Louvaine. She married Daniel van den BERGHE. He died in 1554.
- Adelheid de TAXIS died after 1599, and is buried in Brussels. She married Jakob MASIUS. He died in 1589.
- Regina von TAXIS (see page 3)
- Allegrade de TAXIS married Juan Baptista ZAPATA.
Val's Genealogy Page
TAXIS GENEALOGY PAGE, Page 1
TAXIS GENEALOGY PAGE, Page 2
TAXIS GENEALOGY PAGE, Page 3
TAXIS SURNAME Y-DNA PROJECT
Hire a genealogist at Ancestral Branches.