HUGHES GENEALOGY PAGE
Thomas HUGHES was born on 02 Feb 1867, in Cloonfad Parish Kittsville,
Castelrea, Co. Roscommon. His father's name was John HUGHES, who was a small
farmer; and his mother's name was Ellen STAUNTON.
Thomas married Maria/
Moriah/Mary KEARNEY, of Carrowduff. They had fourteen children.
Children of Thomas & Maria / Moriah / Mary HUGHES
- Patrick HUGHES - He was born about 1887, in Caren Bog, near Bushfield, in the Parish of Cloonygormican, Ballymoe, County Roscommon, Ireland.
- Catherine Moriah HUGHES - She was born on 06 October, 1890, in Caren Bog, near Bushfield, in the Parish of Cloonygormican, Ballymoe, Castleplunket, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon, Ireland. Catherine traveled first to England and then to the United States. She married August Emil GROSSER (a.k.a. Emil von Vange), on 26 November 1917, in Chicago, Illinois (wedding-day photograph). They lived in New Jersey and New York. Catherine & Emil had two sons: William von Vange & Henry Thomas von Vange.
Catherine died on 24 December 1971, in Brentwood, New York.
- Michael HUGHES - He was born about 1891, in Caren Bog, near Bushfield. Michael was a Rifleman in the Royal Irish Rifles. He was killed in the Battle of the Somme, on 06 August 1916; and is buried in the Longuenesse (St. Omer) Souvenir Cemetery.
- Mary Agnes HUGHES - She was born in 1892,in Caren Bog, near Bushfield. She married Arthur Edward BRAIN (who was born in Reading, England). They lived in Australia. Mary and Arthur had four children. Mary Agnes died in 1978, in Australia.
- Thomas HUGHES - He was born about 1893, in Caren Bog, near Bushfield.
- Bridget or Delia HUGHES - She was born about 1894, in Caren Bog, near Bushfield.
- Ellen HUGHES - She was born about 1895, in Caren Bog, near Bushfield. Ellie married Patrick FINNIGAN. They had 11 children, some of whom came to the U.S.A.
- John "Jack" HUGHES - He was born about 1897, in Caren Bog, near Bushfield. Jack came to the U.S.A. His wife's name was Annie. I know of one daughter.
- James HUGHES - He was born about 1898, in Caren Bog, near Bushfield.
- Martin HUGHES - He was born in 1899/1900, in Ireland. Martin came to the U.S.A., but he returned to Ireland. He married Josephine CUNLEY. They had four children. Martin died on 28 August 1977, in Ireland, at the age of 78 years.
- William HUGHES - He was born about 1900, in Caren Bog, near Bushfield. William was called "Bill". He worked for Gracelines in New York City. Bill never married.
- Annie HUGHES - She was born on 02 April 1902, in Caren Bog, near Bushfield. Annie came to the United States. She married Thomas MC LOUGHLIN. They had five children. Annie died in October 1971, in New York.
- Margaret HUGHES - She came to the U.S.A., but returned to Ireland. Margaret married James Conroy, and they had two children. Margaret died in childbirth.
- Cornelius "Con" HUGHES - He was born on 16 October 1904, in Bushfield. His wife's name was Mary. They had four children. Con died on 23 April 1979, in Ireland.
If you would like more genealogical information on this family, or if you have other information to share, please fill out the form below, or contact me at my e-mail address:
Please Visit Val's Other Genealogy Pages
Val's Genealogy Page
GROSSER GENEALOGY PAGE
KEARNEY GENEALOGY PAGE
For LINKS to even more of Val's Genealogy
Do you need help with your family history? Visit the
genealogists web site.