University Chess Association
How to Join Community Outreach Contribute Contact Us
The University Chess Association was founded on the belief that chess is a universal game that can be applied to many aspects of life. It has proven itself as being a game that can survive through the ages and be as challenging now as it was then. Our goals are:
1. To teach fellow longhorns the game of chess.
2. To promote a social atmosphere in which the game of chess can be practiced and enjoyed.
3. To represent the University of Texas at competitive tournaments.
4. To reach out to the community and teach children the game of chess.
5. Provide an environment where chess skills can be honed and improved.
Meetings are held in the Sanchez Building, room 330 (SZB 330), from 6 pm - 7:30 pm every Wednesday.