St George's Catholic Church
3508 Maurice Ave
Fort Worth, TX
SVDP-Saint George conference: What have we accomplished in 2004.
The St. George Conference of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul has been very active in the six months since our inception, providing the following assistance to our parish community:
In addition, our conference has accomplished the following:
- Client Assistance (Rent, Utilities,Food, & Medicine)-- $1,976.34
- Food Pantry Assistance ------------ $542.59
- School Assistance ------------------$132.99
- Adopted Families for Christmas ----$333.00
- Christmas Baskets ----------------- $319.00
- Total Assistance ------------------- $3,303.92
Also we provided four needy families with Christmas Presents and 20 Christmas baskets to our parishioners, our conference was able to provide an 11-year old boy with a wheelchair on December 24th, just in time for Christmas.(shown below with the family)
- Procuring a Freezer for the Haltom City Food Bank.
- Worked with Holy Family Church to provide School Supplies for the St. George School.
- Donated $100 dollars for St. George school carnival.
- As a conference, donated personal items to our church’s food pantry.
- Obtained a computer, printer, and scanner to be donated to St. George School.
- Placed a Homeless client into a shelter.
- Acquired a job for an unemployed client.
- Provided 26 families with Thanksgiving baskets.
- Moved a client with five children from the streets into an apartment.
- Procured a living room set, including a sofa, love seat, chair and ottoman for that family.
- Donated time and financial support to our school’s carnival, Thanksgiving Dinner, and our former deacon’s farewell celebration.
- Provided Christmas Presents for four families.
- Gave away $120 worth of food vouchers to needy families.
- Provided over $540.00 worth of food to the food pantry at St. George Church.
- Vincentians have donated a combined 250 hours worth of service to the St. George Parish.
- Handed out twenty Christmas baskets to needy families.
- Obtained a wheelchair for an 11-year old boy.
- Took up a collection for victims of the Tsunami in Asia.
The St. George Conference of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul has now been officially active for six months. We have been working very hard as a conference to raise funds to help out the poor and needy in our parish community. Funding is the most essential aspect of our society, as it allows us to help those less fortunate members of our church to purchase medication, pay their bills and buy food. We welcome all donations, which can be made at the Parish office or in either of the poor boxes near the inside of the Northeast and Southwest entrances of the church. Please make checks payable to “St. Vincent de Paul, St. George Conference.” We are grateful or any assistance.