Fill out the Artist Alley form and mail it back in to us at the address in the packet.
Anime Overload will not accept a deposit, or partial payments for any "Artist Alley" tables. In order to confirm/reserve a table for Anime Overload, you must pay in full (unless agreed upon otherwise).
"Artist" must "Check-In" and occupy their table(s) by Friday August 6, 2010 at 9:00 am. Failure to "Check-In" will result in an automatic cancellation.
Each Artist will receive one (1) badge for each table, additional badges may be purchased for $25.00 per badge.
- We will not tolerate horseplay such as: running, screaming, yelling, or use of obscene language in the artist alley. This applies for attendees as well as the artists.
- Smoking or use of alcohol or drugs in the artist alley is prohibited.
- Overly loud nosies such as music, videos, and so forth is not acceptable, if the person beside you is complaining about the noise, it is too loud. However, The Artist Alley staff will have the final say if the amount of sound that you, your table, or anything related to you or your table is found to be disruptive.
- Badges must be worn at all times.
- We require that you ask for permission before taking all pictures, if we catch you, we will have you removed from the Artist Alley.
Although we strive to provide a high level of security, Anime Overload and The North Austin Events Center are not responsible for damage of loss to property, equipment, or personal vehicles, whatever the cause. We strongly recommend that you provide customers with receipts to avoid disputes.
Trading tables with another "Artist" is not permitted unless by prior notice and confirmation from Anime Overload Artist Manager.
In the event of a cancellation by "Dealer", they may receive a 100% refund before February 1st 2011, 50% until April 1st, after April 1st no refunds given. After which, there will be no refund given upon cancellation, or failure to "Check-In".
The following products are permitted in the artist alley:
- Any products featuring your own creations.
- Commissioned and hand-drawn works.
- Unique, individual, hand-made items.
- Doujinshi, Fanzines, and similar items.
- For fan art up to 25 copies of a single piece are allowed.
The following products are not permitted in the artist alley:
- "Knockoff" or bootleg merchandise (i.e. SM CDs)
- Bootleg videos. (i.e. bootlegged videos recorded on tapes or dvds with printed labels, pirated copies of any titles that have been released commercially in the United States, Japan, or elsewhere; titles taped off the air in Japan -- and any and all fansubs).
- Any posters, idol cards, etc., which read "Kodak", "Fuji", etc. on the back
- Unlicensed reproductions of any products actually released by an American company.
- Any food, snacks, or beverages.
- Legally imported merchandise or legitimate US products, this includes wall scrolls, sharpies, art supplies, duct tape, glow sticks, etc.
- Photo-shopped, traced, or obviously copied characters in recognizable poses but with different backgrounds.
- Mass produced prints of original art depicting licensed characters.
- Buttons, pins, hats, or t-shirts bearing official character licenses. This would be directly competing with the items that are licensed, but if you are using characters you already own, or have explicit permission to use, that is acceptable.
- Vinyl stickers with fan-art.
In the recent years there has been a large increase in the number of minors and families that attend anime conventions. So we ask that artists, particularly those with adult merchandise, please keep this in mind when setting up. Any materials that are sexually explicit, extremely graphically violent, or otherwise unsuitable for children MUST be displayed in a manner that keeps minors from seeing them. If we see it out in the open, or receive complaints, we will remind you about our adult materials policy ONCE. If you SELL inappropriate materials to minors, there is no "one strike" in this case. You will be removed from the Artist Alley.
Artist will be fully responsible to pay for any and all damages to property owned by the North Austin Events Center, its owners or managers, which resulted from any act or neglect of the artist. The artist agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Hilton, its owners, managers, officers or directors, agents, employees, subsidiaries and affiliates, from any damages or charges resulting from the artist's use of the property. The artist's liability shall include all losses, costs, damages, or expenses arising from or out of or by reason of any accident or bodily injury or other occurrences to any person of person, including the artist, its agents, employees and business invitees which arise from the artist's occupancy and use of the artist alley premises, the hotel, or any part thereof.
To reserve a booth for the Anime Overload 3 Artist Alley, please mail this completed form along with your payment to: P.O. Box 201004 Austin, TX 78720. Make all checks or money orders payable to: "Anime Overload".