New and Used Textbooks
College students dread the start of every semester. This is because of the rising tuition fees, school supplies and textbooks. Every year, the cost of college is getting higher. It is only wise that students should learn how to cut costs and find alternatives in saving money.
Are you a college student who wants to save money? Worry no more! Did you know that you can save hundreds of dollars with college textbooks? Here are some tips that would help you save a lot of money with textbooks.
1. Save money on used books. Instead of buying a new one, why not consider a used textbook? You can ask other students who are done with the subject if they have the book you are looking for. There are also web sites on the Internet that sell cheap college textbooks.
2. Look for other alternatives. You may consult with your professor if you can buy the older edition of the book. An older edition of a college textbook almost has the same content as the newest edition most of the time. Buying an older edition can save you almost half the price of the latest one.
4. Required or recommended? Ask your professor whether the book is required or just recommended. If the book is just recommended, you may just read the book from your college library.
5. Avoid package deals. There are college textbooks that come with other materials which you do not really need. Buying in package costs higher and will only waste your money if you do not need the other materials. You can save if you buy the book separately.
6. Buy online. Online bookstores were proven to offer cheaper books than regular bookstores. Online bookstores do not have the overhead cost which only adds up to the price of the book. Buying a book online is also more convenient plus you can order books right away.
7. Share with a friend. You may also try sharing a book with one of your classmates. This can help you cut the amount that you have to allot for the textbook. However, it is important that you become responsible when taking turns on the textbook.
8. You may also consider bartering with a student who has the book you need. This will save you money from buying a new one. There will surely be someone from your university who is looking for a book you used last year. Be aggressive enough to find students in need of your books and can barter the books you need.
9. Buy early. Remember that prices are high and supplies are low. College textbooks usually cost higher during the start of the semester. You can buy the book as soon as you get your books-to-buy list from your professor. Buying early or off season will save you hundreds of dollars.
Cheap college textbooks are never difficult to find. Remember to strategize and negotiate in order to save money from these books. Take care of your books and never write on them. They might be of great help in the future.
About the Author
Dave Poon is an accomplished writer who specializes in the latest in Education and Careers. For more information regarding College Text Books Cheap please drop by at http://www.topcollegelife.com/