Horse Crossword Puzzle
2. A newborn horse of any sex
4. The mother of a foal
7. Technically means a male horse under the age of four but is often
used for any young horse
8. When a sire from one breed is bred with a dam from another breed
10. A healthy horse that has no breathing or lameness problems.
12. A one year old horse.
13. The long straps attached to the bit used by the rider to control the
15. A female horse.
17. A simple piece of headgear for leading and tying up.
18. The part of the bridle that goes in the horse's mouth to give the rider
19. The father of a foal.
21. A female horse used for breeding
1. The unit used to measure horses, from the ground to the withers.
2. Rubbery V-shaped structure in the center of the sole, under the hoof.
3. How a horse moves
5. The combination of straps that fit around a horse's head and are used to control it for for riding
6. A horse that is untrained or inexperienced.
9. Any forward movement of the horse such as walking or galloping.
11. The shape of a horse, or the way it is put together.
14. Bred from horses of the same breed (full blood).
16. A specialist in equine hoof care.
20. All the items of saddlery used for riding.
Copyright 1999-2002 The Horse Lover's Corral