BASTROP CHRISTIANS-12 STEP PROGRAM
This is a program for persons who come from disfunctional families and/or their family members/friends.
Persons who have had addictive behavior in their lives such as alcohol,drugs,food,sex,gambling,money, power,etc are welcome.
This is an anonymous program. What you say here will stay here.
For further information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
12 step recovery is not a program sponsored by any religious group or entity. However, people using this program find it in harmony with their own spiritual beliefs. It has no official religious affiliation. It is, however a progrm that helps us to rediscover and deepen the spiritual part of ourselves. We also realize through working the twelve steps that our spirituality is important. We learn to live lives according to the guidance of God, our higher power. We realize that the void or despair we feel is the result of our ignoring or rejecting our relationship with our Lord, Jesus Christ.
THE TWELVE STEPS FOR CHRISTIANS
1. We admitted we were powerless over the effects of our separation from God-that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood him, praying only for knowledge of his will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
PLEASE CALL IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS