Anyone can be a victim of false allegations. A CPS investigator can show up at your door with the police and forcibly take your children to foster care, based solely on an anonymous phone call. Although you are innocent, you can be treated as if you are guilty of child abuse, without benefit of trial or hearing. Although you are innocent, your name can be placed on the state Central Registry as a "confirmed" child abuser, without benefit of trial or hearing. Although you are innocent, criminal and civil
proceedings against you can devastate your family, both financially and emotionally. Too often "system professionals," with unlimited legal resources, waste valuable tax dollars and financial resources of families, while real child abusers and pedophiles often get away with their crimes.
Too often child care caseworkers, who operate under the shield of 11th Amendment Sovereign Immunity Protection, are misguided and overzealous during abuse investigations.
Too often government agencies, who get State and Federal grant moneys for conducting "investigations", will cause catastrophic financial devastation for famalies who have been falsely accused of child abuse.
Too often child care caseworkers will undermine the stability of a family and destroy any possibility of reconciliation between parents and/or their children.
- 65% of all accusations of child abuse in America are officially determined to be unfounded. That number is even higher in Texas.
- There were 2.3 million accusations of child abuse in 1993. That equated to approximately 2.02 million false allegations of child abuse.
- In America, persons incarcerated for child abuse outnumber all other categories of criminals.
- Thousands of people are in prison because of false allegations of child abuse.
- If you are falsely accused of abuse, you will be prosecuted by
- Anyone who wants to cause you harm, including your children, can destroy your life with a single anonymous phone call.
- Your spouse, or ex-spouse, can cut off contact with your children by falsely accusing you of physical abuse or sexual molestation.
- The greatest percentage of false allegations result from adolescents lying.
- It takes legal fees which average $10,000 to fight an accusation of child abuse.
- It takes up to $17,400 if your child is placed in a State run foster care, after being seized by CPS.
- Can you afford forced counseling which can cost over $30,000 per year for a family of four?
- It takes $45,000 a month if your child is placed in a psychiatric hospital.