Ranger Exes Memorial-TX - Ranger, Texas St. Rita's Catholic ChurchSt. Rita's was dedicated March 27, 1920 and is located at 1109 Blackwell Rd in Ranger, TX. It was built by the O'Rourke Construction Co. Service was held in a tent and different homes during the construction of the church. Rudolph Gerken became the first priest in 1919 and served until 1927. A parochial residence and St. Rita's Catholic School were also built. Mission churches of St. Rita's are: St. John's in Strawn, St. Francis Catholic Church in Eastland, and Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Cisco.
Parish Hall (bought from Philips Petroleum Co. in 1920) This is the last remaining building of St. Rita's school. It is in need of major repair.
St. Francis in Eastland Holy Rosary in Cisco Mass in Cisco was originally celebrated in 1919 in the Union Labor Hall. In 1920, a city lot was purchased and the parish church was built at a cost of $10,000. The church was dedicated by Bishop Lynch in 1921. St. John's in Strawn Rudolph Gerken - first priest in Ranger (1887-1943)
James Miller - former priest in Ranger (1931-2014)