C S S Rules
CSS Association Rules and Procedures
1. Car Types:
a. Roadster - 135 max wheel base, center steer, funny car type chassis with nostalgia body
b. Front Engine Dragster - 225inch wheel base max
c. Funny Car - 1979 and older nostalgia style bodies
2. No extensions on front of cars to trip lights.
3. All engines allowed, but on 426 style Hemi engine with 1471 the blower limited to 35% overdrive
4. Roots-type supercharger mandatory, Maximum size 14/71
5. All chassis must be certified
6. Driver's license must be Advanced E.T. or faster
7. Fuel: Alcohol or nitro, no nitrous
8. Blower restraints mandatory.
9. No active computers-----data loggers only.
10. Up to date seat belts, HANS Device, highly recommended
11. Engine Diaper mandatory
12. Fire extinguisher in tow vehicle
13. Four wheel brakes recommended
14. Blower belt guard is mandatory
15. Maximum Three disk non-lock up clutch
16. Maximum fuel line diameter = 1 1/2 inches
17. Ignition = Single Magneto (Any Type)
18. Fuel Pump = One fuel pump (single rotor or gear)
19. On board fire system highly recommended
20. Dues $100 per year. Must be paid 30 days before the first event you plan to compete in.
1. All shows are sold as 8 car guaranteed. If less than 8 show it will cause a reduction in the event payout.
2. Our races are limited to 1/8th mile events.
3. Unless otherwise specified, the format is an 8 car qualified show with #1 running #5, #2 running #6, etc. The two quickest winners from the first round will come back and run in the final. (The semi-final round is skipped) In the event that a qualified car is broken, the first alternate (#9 qualifier) is put in their position on the ladder. We ask for 90 minutes between rounds and 60 minutes for the final. We donít always get it!
4. We ask for 90 minutes between rounds and 60 minutes for the final. We donít always get it!
5. All teams are expected to fire, burnout, and stage in a synchronized manner.
6. Make sure your tow truck is moved into a position not blocking the next pair of cars.
7. It is required by all teams and driver to inspect burnout area, starting line, finish line, and shutdown area before each race.
8. All teams must have uniform crew shirts.
9. When tow vehicles go down the track, turn off all air conditioners, stay out of the water, and proceed quickly and safely to pick up your car. Please turn off headlights when on the starting line and proceeding down track.
10. The first two cars down the track will be drawn if not volunteered.
11. When you take the turn off, be sure to drive as far up the return road as you can to give the next pair of cars behind you plenty of room.
12. Our regular entry deal is 4 people in free with each car.
13. If there is a redlight start in qualifying, the E.T. is still valid and will count.
14. All cars must be numbered visibly to the track tower.
15. If we have associate sponsors you must have their decals on both sides of your car to be eligible for the year end bonus.
16. The CSS rules allow for a wide variety of engine and drive train combinations with minimal restrictions. In order to maintain as level a playing field as possible for all teams and protect the longevity of the circuit a corrected qualifying rule is in effect. If a qualifying run goes under a 4.25 elapsed time the margin of time under 4.25 seconds will be reversed in the final qualifying order. For example, a 4.18 is seven hundredths under a 4.25 so seven hundredths will be added to a 4.25 so the corrected qualifying time will be a 4.32. This rule is for qualifying only. Elimination rounds will not be affected in any way. The CSS rules committee believes this process will help maintain a fair playing field without enforcing an index. All qualifying bonuses will be awarded based on the final qualifying order after any necessary corrections. As far as the membership requirement ; We have a $100 membership fee and it must be paid a min. of 30 days before the first race you plan on attending and must meet all the rule requirements listed and accepted by the group.
MEMBERSHIP DUES - Dues can be sent to:
10728 Harmony Rd.
Carthage, MO 64836