All names can be used as last names or manipulated into one. Alternate
spellings and pronounciations as I see them are provided as well. Some fantasy
names may cross over to light, neutral, and dark.
Click here to view a list of all male fantasy
names. This will take time to load.
Quick tips on choosing names for dark alignments:
1) Look for names that start with slick or vivid letters. S, V, F, G, U, and P
are all excellent examples.
2) Depending on the nature of the character, both harsh and slimey endings work
well for a character, -ithil, -mono, and -the are some good endings.
3) When looking at last names, you can use or combine these names, or use others
that you may come across. Other times you may choose to use real words as last
names that represent either the past history of the character, Davidson-Son of
David, or Lionheart, or something they stand for, Ironheart, or Soulreaper, etc.
4) Remember that breaking a stereotype in choosing your name does not justify
the name: Angel Brighton Soulsaver-Unicornmane as a name for a dark alignment
without some serious justification.
5) Remember that these are just suggestions and should not limit your creativity
to create or choose your names. Your characters are individuals who are alive,
not a bunch of rules some crackpot dreams up while on the toilet. We hope.
Male Dark Alignment Names