The Hoss and Tess Love Story

By Tennessee

 

As spring came and Hoss fell more and more in love with Tess, he went to see Tess more. They went for long walks and rides together. One night Tess and Margaret came to the Ponderosa for dinner. Tess could not wait for dinner to be over. She had to tell Hoss how she felt about him. When dinner was over she asked Hoss to go for a walk with her. He said, "Sure" and they went outside. Tess looked up at the stars and was thinking about how to tell Hoss how she felt about him as they walked.

Hoss said, "Tess" and she stopped walking. Hoss smiled at her.

"I have to tell you something," she said.

About that time Adam and Little Joe came outside to go to the barn. When they got in the barn and closed the door Tess went on, "I’m in love with you, Hoss. I have been in love with you for months. How do you feel about me?"

Hoss looked at her and said, "Tess, I loved you the first time I saw you. I was ready to marry you when I asked you to marry me a year ago but you were not ready. I knew that in time you would know that you love me too. I dreamt about this day for a long time."

Tess started to cry. She said, "I have been dreaming about you too, Hoss." She ran into Hoss' arms said, "I love you with all my heart" and he kissed her. They were still kissing when Adam and Little Joe came out of the barn. Adam and Little Joe walked over to Hoss and Tess, who smiled at them.

"What's going on here?" Adam asked.

Hoss and Tess just smiled and Little Joe smiled too.

Adam said, "It's about time you told each other how you feel about each other."

Little Joe said, "Adam's right. All you do is look at each other. Anyone who sees you knows you're in love."

Hoss and Tess kissed again and Little Joe asked, "Are you two going to get married one day?"

Adam smiled and said, "Hoss and Tess will know when the time is right for them to get married. If they get married, Little Joe."

Hoss said, "Little Joe, we love each other and one day I know we will get married. When the time is right."

Tess agreed and said, "I love you, Hoss."

Adam smiled and said, "One day Tess will be our sister-in-law."

And Tess said, "One day I'll be Mrs. Hoss Cartwright."

Hoss kissed her and said, "One day, my love, you will be my wife."

 

The End