Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Title: Together Forever
Category: M/L
Summary: M/L see each other for the first time after destiny.
Author: Anne
E-mail: dreambehr@yahoo.com
Disclaimer: They're not mine. The characters of Roswell belong to Melinda Metz, the WB, Jason Katims, and all the wonderful people who we all love for starting this wonderful story. I'm just borrowing them!

 

It was a cool September evening when he walked around the streets of his town, trying to walk off all the miseries and lonliness that he felt deep inside his heart.

Nothing had been the same for him since she had left. He felt like a big empty shell, going through the motions of his life, day by day, but not actually feeling anything. She had taken his heart away with her. Now, without her, he wasn't even living. She was a part of him, like a vital organ that he couldn't survive without. With her gone, he wasn't complete. Something was missing from his life, and he knew, without a doubt inside him, that it was her.

He walked a few more blocks, and then turned the corner, only to be stopped dead in his tracks. It seemed as though there was a light at the end of the tunnel, that the sun was finally starting to peak out from behind the clouds.

There she stood, halfway down the next block, peering through the windows of a closed shop. She looked like an angel of mercy, standing htere looking as beautiful as she did that one miserable day, the day that she ran away from him. He hadn't seen her since that day, until now that is.

He started towards her, his quick, determined footsteps alerting her to his presence. She turned and met his eyes, hers wild and nervous for an instant, before settling into a calm straight face. She didn't want any emotion showing through when she talked to him. That was impossible of course, he knew her every thought, and could read her face like an open book.

"Liz..." He said her name reverently, like a soft prayer.

"Max..." She responded as softly. "How are you?"

"I miss you." He admitted to her bluntly. "Nothing in my life feels right without you as a part of it."

Her breath escaped from her lips with a soft hiss as she sighed, "I miss you too, Max, but it doesn't change anything. You still have your destiny, and we still can't be together."

"I don't care about my destiny. All I care about is you."

"Don't say that. It's not true. You know that as well as I do. We have that connection, Max, the one that makes us see each other and know each other completely in every way. I know you down to your sense of responsibility, Max, and I know that once you let yourself let go of me, you'll remember that a whole world of people are counting on you to come and save them. Then you'll get passionate about it, and put everything into it. Nothing will stop you from helping them, and then you're going to fina a whole new world with your people. Regardless of how you feel about it now, Max, it IS your destiny."

"I can't do it without you."

"Yes you can."

"NO, I can't. Asking me to do it without you is like asking me to do it without my left arm. You said it yourself, Liz. We have this connection between us, and it holds us together. Don't even try to deny that you've felt empty these past 3 months. We've become a part of each other, Liz. We need each other. I mean, God, without you I've barely been able to function. I have to remind myself to to everything: to get out of bed each morning, to shower, to get dressed, to go to work. Nothing comes naturally to me without you in my life."

"I know what you mean." Liz whispered passionately, her eyes shining with the tears that were threatening to fall.

"I need you in my life, Liz, and I'm going to bet that you need me too. Please just let go of your stubborness, Liz. Let us do what feels right, and just be with me."

"What about your destiny, Max?"

"We'll deal with it when it comes, together. And when it does come, we'll be ready for it."

"What about Tess?"

"What about the gerbil? She has nothing to do with what goes on between you and me."

"She's your wife, Max."

"Maybe in another life when I was another person, but Max Evans has never taken any marraige vows, and if he ever does it's only going to be with one girl...you."

"Really?" Liz gasped.

"You're the only one, Liz. The only one there can ever be for me. The connection, Liz. How often does something like that happen between two people? It's not by accident. We were meant to be together, Liz. I've known it since the first time I laid my eyes on you. I've loved you since that moment, Liz. With all my heart."

The tears began to flood out of her eyes now, as they ran down her cheeks like a flowing river. He hated seeing her cry. It tore him up inside to watch her suffer. What he realized this time, though, was that they weren't tears of sadness, but tears of joy and acceptance.

"Shh, don't cry." He whispered lovingly, bringing his hands up to cup her face, and gently wiping her tears away with his thumbs. His eyes fell to her beautifully sculptured lips, and he couldn't resist any longer. Slowly, reverently, his lips found hers, and with their first joining, they both knew that they had come home.

As their lips melded together, the connection between them flared up and intensified, and they shared their every thoughts and feelings with one another.

She felt the emptiness inside of Max that was now being refilled, and his longing for her for every day that she had been away.

He, in return felt how much she had missed him, and her fear at seeing him again. Deep inside, she was terrified to return to find that he had done as she had asked of him, and followed his destiny to Tess. Now, of course, she knew how wrong she was, and the love that she felt for him at that moment was unsurpassed by any other.

"I love you too, MAx." She whispered passionately in his ear, as their lips broke apart.

"We'll always be connected, Liz. That connection will always keep us together, if not in body, then always in spirit."

"We don't need it. We'll always be together. No matter where you go, no matter how far, no matter how dangerous, I'll always stay by your side. I swear it."

"And I'll never let you go. We'll be together forever, Liz. I promise."

Home Back To The Archive