A Boob Man or Happy Birthday, Rick Hunter!

By Kathy in PA

Hunter and McCall were just finishing up a meal in a local resturant. McCall was discussing a case they were working on, when a particularly well endowed waitress stopped to bend over in front of Hunter to pick up several pieces of straw paper on the floor. Hunter watched her, mesmerized by the great view down her low cut blouse. His mouth slowly dropped open ever so slightly. As the waitress stood and walked on, Hunter slowly came back to earth to hear McCall say, "Hunter, so what do you think?" "Huh?" was all he could say. "Hunter, you didn't hear a word I said. I can't believe a quick peek shook you up like that, Big Guy." He said, "McCall, let's go." Embarrassed to be caught, he quickly picks up the check and heads for the check-out, paying for everything because he didn't even want to stay to discuss her share of the bill. He was afraid his face was red. McCall shakes her head smiling. "That's it", she thinks, "he's definately a boob man." She saw him admire a great set of legs before, but he didn't practially drool over them like he did at the sight of those big breasts. Still smiling and feeling smug that she found him out, she slowly walked over to where he was paying. "Let's go, McCall" he said. She follows him out and says "I wish little scenes like that would happen more often, so I get out of paying my share of the bill." As they are getting in the car, Hunter says "McCall, I don't have any idea what you are talking about." "Yea, right Big Guy!" she thinks. She doesn't say any more but she's still thinking about this.
She still has Hunter and the resturant incident on her mind later that evening when she gets home. Hunter's birthday is in 2 days. She decides she better get on the phone immediately and starts making calls, calling friends and friends of friends. An hour and a half later she is smiling victoriously and gives a little laugh out loud as she hangs up the phone for the last time. She has never been so excited waiting for someone else's birthday.
The next day Hunter makes several remarks to McCall about his birthday coming up. He tells her, "You know you owe me something really good McCall. I went all out for your birthday." McCall says "I don't know, Hunter. If you don't get all your paperwork done, I'll have to work overtime tonight to help you get it done and wouldn't have anytime to shop around after work looking for something." He cries "What?! I can't believe you, McCall. You don't even know what you're getting me yet?" "Well..." she stammers, shrugging her shoulders. He says "McCall, you act like you don't even care. Get to work, McCall, you owe me big time." As he buckles down and works non stop through lunch to get all their work done, she smiles to herself and thinks "This is great! I wish he had a birthday every month!" He worked hard and fast to finish things so they would have an easy day tomorrow. She took her time and did personal email, going over last minute details with her friends.
Four o'clock came and they had finished up today's work when Hunter tells her she can leave so she could shop. He was staying to get a head start on tomorrow's work. He wanted tomorrow to be an easy day. "Get me something good, McCall!" he called out as she left for the day. She waved, smiled and thought "don't worry, Big Guy, I think you'll enjoy yourself and it won't cost me a cent."
The next day dawned clear and bright. A perfect day for a birthday, Hunter thought. A perfect day for a joke on Hunter, she thought. Since their office work was already done, thanks to the hard working Hunter, they left the station early on the pretense of following up on leads on an old case that remained open.
"Well, what shall we do, McCall. Do you want to give me my present now?" he asks. "Hold your horses, Big Guy" she says as she heads for the suburbs. She's driving today, Hunter is taking it easy. She soon parks and says "Let's go for a walk." They soon see a woman in her flower bed. Suddenly the sprinklers come on and she gets soaked. She gives a little scream and jumps up and runs to the sidewalk in front of them. She's laughing, her hair is dripping and she shakes the water from her hands and arms when she looks up at Hunter and McCall who stopped beside her and she say's "Oh no! I forgot my husband changed the timer on the sprinklers!" She is right in front of Hunter in a wet tee shirt, no bra of course. Hunter looks surprised, his mouth open but doesn't say anything. They walk on, McCall smiling and watching him. He says, "Did you see her?" "What do you mean Hunter?" she innocently asks. "Oh never mind, McCall" he says.
They continue on when they hear someone screaming, "help! Help me!" They hurry around back a house and see a young woman lying on a chaise on her stomach. All she has on is her bikini bottom. They rush up to her and ask, "What's wrong?" "Some kid just ran up to me and pulled my top out from under me as I was sun bathing" she said. They quickly looked around but didn't see anyone. The woman says "Could you hand me my towel?" Hunter hands it to her and gets a good view as she lifts herself up and wraps the towel around herself. He blushes and looks away. "Well" he says, "if you're OK, we gotta go. Just ask around, the kid will probably brag about what he did. Then you can get your top back." She smiled and thanked him as Hunter and McCall left. He gave a little laugh and said "Can you believe kids these days? When I was young, we though about doing that but never actually dared to do it." McCall just smiled.
As they rounded the block, a near hysterical woman in a tight fitting, low cut blouse ran up to them and said "Did you see that? That car nearly ran me over! I had to run for my life!" She then grabbed Hunter's hand and laid it across her left breast. "Feel how fast my heart is beating." "Huh, yeah" Hunter says nervously, pulling his hand back. "Call it in to your local police." He hurrys along and McCall turns back to give a thumbs up to the woman, then says, "Hey, wait up!" He keeps walking fast and says to McCall "Is it just me or does all this seem strange?" "What?" McCall asks. He continues, "I mean, is it National If You Got It, Flant It Day and I didn't know about it?"
Just then a well endowed woman with very little bra support jogs by. "See what I mean?" he says to McCall. With a smile on her face she says "What?" "What?" he says. "Come on McCall, you can't tell me this is all just normal encounters on a normal day."
Just then, a woman on a park bench across the street waves to McCall and calls to her. "Come on, Hunter. I want to speak to my friend, Betty" she says. "She just had a baby." McCall crosses the street and Hunter follows. "Hi, Betty" McCall says to the woman. "How are you? I wanted to stop by and see you and the baby soon." Betty sits there nursing her baby. Hunter walks up behind McCall, sees the woman nursing and turns sideways toward McCall, and looks off in the distance over McCall's head. McCall says "This is my partner, Rick Hunter. Hunter, this is a good friend of mine, Betty Smith." Hunter turns to her as she leans out to extend her hand to him. Just then the baby stops sucking and starts crying, leaving her breast exposed. Betty laughs and says "Time to switch sides!" Hunter turns to McCall and says "I'm going over to that coffee shop while you and Betty caught up" and hurrys off.
Later McCall joins him in the coffee shop. "OK, McCall, what is going on?" he asks as she slides into the booth across from him. "What?" she says with a big smile on her face. "What?" he mimics. "You know what. Everywhere I go today women are throwing their breasts in my face."
McCall says "I admit it does seem that way. Lucky you." "Yeah, right. The lucky birthday boy" he says, sarcastically. "Well, you got to admit you got what you like" McCall says. "Happy birthday!" she says, grinning ear to ear. "Wait a minute" he says, narrowing his eyes and leaning in close. "Do you mean you had something to do with this? Did you set me up?" "Well, duh, detective Hunter. Pretty good, huh?" she says laughing.
Just then all the women they met earlier walked up to their booth, leaned in toward Hunter, giving him a good view of cleavage and said "Happy birthday, Rick Hunter." Hunter was never so pleased and embarrassed in his life. He shook a finger at McCall and said "You just wait, McCall. Your turn's coming."

 

{ Back to Fanfiction