A Place In Time

A Place In Time

RATING: NC-17
SUMMARY: Sometimes you don’t have to be on Voyager to be the target of a ‘lift malfunction. A filler for Future’s End, part 1
DISCLAIMER: Characters – not mine, story – mine!

***

“Nothing changes,” she muttered as she studied the building’s directory.

Chakotay looked over her shoulder. “Its always the big guy gets the top office,” he agreed, shaking his head. “All the way up on the fortieth floor. I sure hope we don’t have to use the stairs.”

Kathryn raised an eyebrow at him. “If its stairs, you go alone, mister.”

He leaned in closer and nudged her elbow with his own. “How about I swing you over my shoulder and carry you up?”

Turning her head a little to face him, she retorted, “You’d never manage it.”

Now he was closer to her, she could feel his warm breath on her skin, making it almost difficult for her to concentrate. “You’re skin and bone, Kathryn. I’d get at least twice as many flights covered than I would if you only ate properly.”

Kathryn sighed and dodged around him. “Now is not the time to discuss my eating habits, Commander.”

“It’s never the time with you.” He strode off through the lobby. “Fine. Have it your way. Again.”

She hastily caught up with him. “Where are you going?”

Chakotay stopped outside a set of doors. “To catch a turbolift of course. Because even if I don’t have to carry you I don’t fancy climbing forty flights of stairs.” He hit the button on the wall in front of him. “I presume you’re coming with me. Or should I just leave you here like lost property?”

The doors to the elevator opened and Kathryn stomped in ahead of him. Chakotay barely made it into the chamber before the doors drew closed again. The elevator began its ascend.

“Anyway,” Kathryn commented, feeling the need to have the last word in whatever petty argument it was that they were having. “It’s not a turbolift. It’s an elevator, Tom told me.”

Her first officer shook his head and groaned. “You’re being childish again, Kathryn.”

“I’m the captain, I’ll do whatever the hell…” She was cut off in mid-protest as the elevator lurched to a halt. A quick glance at the illuminated panel above the doors told them what they did not want to know. Two lights were lit; the elevator was stuck between two floors.

“Occupants of elevator four. Please rest assured that your situation has been noted. Engineers are working to get you moving again. Thank you,” an electronic voice announced.

Kathryn’s eyes grew wide. “I don’t believe it,” she muttered. “How the hell did this happen?”

Chakotay chose to laugh. “You’d almost have to believe that Tom knows exactly where we are and planned this,” he grinned.

“This is not funny,” she snapped back. “You do realise that if we’re caught…” She lifted her eyes to the ceiling. “And there’s no way we can get out through the roof either.”

“We won’t get caught, Kathryn,” his gentle voice reassured her.

She turned to face him and found herself looking at a patch of wood-panelled wall. Lowering her gaze she found him sitting on the carpeted floor. “Oh, make yourself comfortable, Commander, why don’t you,” she said scathingly. “What makes you so sure we won’t anyway?”

“I just know.” His dark eyes gazed at her with a deep intensity as he held up a hand to her. “Come and sit with me here. We don’t know how long we’ll have to wait.”

Grudgingly, Kathryn accepted her first officer’s hand and sat down beside him. His free arm went gently around her shoulders yet she didn’t complain. “We’ll be okay,” he said, squeezing her gently. “But aren’t you glad we stuck together now?”

She nodded. “I guess so. It never seems so bad to be stuck with someone else, even if it is just you.”

He laughed. “Just me? Gee, thanks Kathryn. Nice to know I’m appreciated.”

Kathryn turned her face towards him. Instantly, she regretted it, they were too close and she swallowed as her gaze drifted to his lips. “You don’t know how much you’re appreciated,” she muttered.

The air around them grew heavy. For the briefest of moments there was silence, punctuated only by their frantic breaths and hammering heartbeats.

“How much do you appreciate me, Kathryn?” Chakotay finally asked quietly. She couldn’t answer.

They could not take their eyes off each other, being mere centimetres away from each other. His lips closed the gap between them and descended gently upon her own. She was stunned for a moment but then she found herself responding to his tender touch. Her arms went around his neck as her body twisted, pulling him closer to her, desperate for the contact.

The kiss deepened, both of his arms surrounded her now, the one still at her shoulders, but the other encircled her waist, fingers running gently up and down and across her back. Finally it came forwards again, pushing open her jacket and both felt her shiver as his hands brushed up against her breast.

“Kathryn, I…” Chakotay paused and drew back as though he realised what was happening. “I…” he tried again.

“Ssshhh,” she whispered, running a finger down his cheek. “Just let it go.” She leaned against him again and captured his lips with hers.

Both became powerless to resist the emotions running through them. Both could feel the heart of the other pounding furiously as the passions swept over them. He pushed her jacket down on her shoulders so that it puddled behind her and she assisted him as he struggled out of his. Now, both dressed only in short sleeve tops and pants, Chakotay’s hands moved slowly up and down Kathryn’s arms but did nothing to deter the goose bumps that were breaking out on her skin. Her hands in turn pawed at his chest, fingers grasping furiously at the blue shirt he wore. In a frantic gesture she pulled the offending item off over his head and her breath caught as she took in his bare chest.

“Chakotay,” she breathed as she suddenly became very much aware of their actions. “What the hell are we doing?”

He chuckled into her hair as he held her close. “I have no idea.” He paused. “But if you want to stop or you’re not sure, then we can stop right here, right now, and it’ll be okay.” He ran a hand reassuringly across her back.

Kathryn said nothing. At this point she knew she could back out, and that the adorable man with her would think none the less of her later. But as she thought about it she realised that she didn’t want to back out, that she was too hungry to back out. All she wanted right now was the man in front of her and she wanted all of him. “No,” she gasped out, unable to look him in the eye. “I don’t want to stop. Don’t stop. Please.”

He pulled away slightly and his hand caught her jaw, raising her face so that she had to meet eyes. “Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

Chakotay took a quick look around. “Its not exactly the place I dreamed of when I thought about this,” he smiled.

“Damn it, Chakotay.” She grabbed him close again. “I don’t care.” She began to kiss his jaw line then paused. “You thought about doing this?”

“Didn’t you?” he whispered softly before capturing her mouth with his own again.

Kathryn surrendered willingly. Here was the man of her dreams, in her arms, holding her tight and wanting her. They were not on board Voyager, they were not stranded on an uninhabited planet together, they were here and they were now and it was apparent that her first officer’s feelings for her had not changed during the past year. She placed her hands back on his chest, running them up and down his skin at an increasingly frenzied pace, only relinquishing her touch briefly as Chakotay pulled her shirt off. As he lifted it over her head her hair was loosened and he wasted no time in releasing it fully and throwing the band to join the increasing pile of clothes growing in the corner.

Two pairs of hands simultaneously went for the fastenings of the pants belonging to the other person. Their eyes met and Chakotay smiled as Kathryn playfully released him from his clothing and pushed his hands away to wriggle out of her remaining outer garments, leaving her in only her underwear.

“You have no idea what you do to me,” he whispered, taking in her appearance.

Kathryn’s reply astounded both of them; she reached out and touched him, wrapping the palm of her hand around him, and caressed him gently, enjoying the feel of his hardness.

Chakotay groaned. “It’s not going to take a long time to finish me if you continue that,” he whispered.

“We don’t have much time anyway,” she reminded him. “This elevator could start up again at any moment.”

Chakotay swallowed. “Like I said, not exactly how I’d planned this. Maybe we should wait, book ourselves into a nice hotel room for the night?” But Kathryn knew that if they stopped now then most likely she’d not let herself get into such a position again, and right now she didn’t want that to happen. Chakotay seemed to sense that as well. “But you’d probably change your mind later,” he muttered.

He looked so downcast that Kathryn knew she had to convince him otherwise. Momentarily she paused in her actions and took stock of her own body, felt the pressure that was building in her. She leaned forward, kissed him gently, and began to resume her gentle stroking of him. “I don’t think it’ll take me long either,” she said, smiling shyly. “I want you Chakotay, and I want you now.”

Their remaining clothes were quickly discarded and Chakotay pushed her down so that her back lay on the plush carpet of the elevator. His mouth latched onto one of her breasts while a hand ran down her stomach to tangle through her curls. A finger began to gently caress her nub and even as Kathryn felt the first explosion begin to grow within her he slipped another finger inside her to lose itself in her wetness. She groaned at his touch and came panting even as another finger was slid inside her.

He raised his head and looked at her, sliding slightly up her body so that their eyes were level. “So wet,” he murmured. “How long have you been like that?”

“A while,” she admitted. Being in close proximity most of the day within as he had helped shield her tricorder from prying eyes had made it difficult for her to control her emotions. While she had succeeded in hiding the ones that would be visible to him she had not managed as well in other areas. Her underwear had been damp for a couple of hours at least.

“I like it,” he smiled. He pulled his fingers out from her and she immediately felt his absence. But a few seconds later she felt him slowly begin to push into her and she widened her legs around him, arms going around his back, encouraging him further. Now it was his turn to groan as she took him in, deeper and deeper. “Kathryn,” he moaned. “I don’t know that I can…”

She thrust her body up to meet him, to draw him further. “Chakotay,” she cried quietly. “Just let it go.”

Moments later he did, and he dragged her over the edge with him so that they came together, crying each other’s names out loud. Chakotay collapsed down upon her, still filling her though his size had diminished, and she clutched at him tightly.

“Occupants of elevator four. Thank you for your patience. The problem with your car has been resolved and you will be on your way shortly.”

Chakotay’s head jerked up at the electronic announcement and seconds later Kathryn pushed him off her with a muttered, “Shit!” She cast a glance up at the elevated panel. “Thank god,” she continued. “We’ve got thirty floors.”

Clothes were hastily thrown on and Kathryn had just finished tying her hair back when the lift came to a slow halt at the top floor of the building. Taking a deep breath she smiled and looked at the man she was in love with now more than ever. “Ready?”

He nodded and reached for her hand, taking hold of it and squeezing it gently.

Then the doors opened and they stepped into Starling’s office.

FINIS

Feed the author!

Back to Temptation