For Breakfast

For Breakfast

SUMMARY: For with dreams we seek knowledge
RATING: NC-17
DISCLAIMER: Paramount would never do this to their characters!

***

“I’ll meet you here, then,” he suggested, turning away from her. “Good night, Kathryn. Pleasant dreams.”

She watched him walk down the corridor to his own quarters before turning into her own. It had been a pleasant evening, the two of them with the rest of the senior staff at Sandrines, and her best friend had walked her home afterwards with a promise of breakfast in the morning. Those were the mornings she liked, where they’d spend the first hour of the day discussing ship’s business over a private breakfast. Lately Chakotay had begun cooking for them both and she had fallen in love with his blueberry pancakes.

If truth were told she had fallen in love with more than his pancakes, she realised. Lately, she’d looked forward to every one of their breakfast dates, almost more so than the dinners they had. What better way was there to start the day than meet with him before their duties began?

Okay, she knew there was an answer to that one. Kathryn settled herself into her bed with a sigh. It would be all too easy to succumb to that charm of his, find herself waking up each morning safe in his arms. And she knew she would be safe. She knew he was only through the wall if an emergency arose but it could be so nice not being alone.

She curled on to her side, fetal position some called it. To her it was symbolic of the way she used to curl up against Mark or against Justin so many years ago, the way she would sometimes imagine lying up against Chakotay, her back to his chest, his arms encircling her. In times of despair she would imagine him there, his warmth protecting her.

Slowly, she drifted off to sleep, to join her beloved in her dreams.

***

He came to her softly, quietly in the middle of the night. Pulling back the covers he slid into the bed, rousing her from her slumbers. “All quiet on the bridge?” she asked drowsily.

“All quiet,” he whispered. “Tuvok’s handling everything.” He pulled her close to him. “So just relax, okay.”

She turned around to face him. “I always relax,” she said, running her hand gently down his chest, noticing happily that he had opted to go without sleepwear again. “Especially when you’re around,” she purred.

“Mmm,” he sighed as he leaned forward and captured her lips. Her mouth opened for him, his tongue probing her deeply. Pulling away he murmured, “You’re overdressed.”

“I didn’t know you’d be here tonight,” she smiled. “Otherwise I’d have been more prepared for you.”

He smiled and laid her flat on her back before his fingers lifted the delicate straps from her shoulders. “I don’t mind. You know I love this.” He slowly peeled the gown down, revealing her breasts to him. “And I love these,” he continued, kissing each breast slowly. He lifted his head to look her in the eye. “And most of all, I love you.”

She sighed and pulled him so he was leaning over her. “Show me,” she whispered.

He needed no further instruction. In moments he had pulled her peach gown down her body, her back arching to help him. He slid down her body, lifting each leg in turn so that the material was completely away from her. In an elaborate gesture he threw the discarded gown across the room.

“I hope I don’t need that later,” she giggled.

“I’ll keep you warm.”

“I’m sure you…ahhh,” she hissed as Chakotay’s head lowered onto her most sensitive area. “Chakotay…” What he was capable of doing to her with his tongue was unreal. It probed in and out, while his teeth lightly attacked her nub. It only seemed like seconds had passed before she felt the familiar tingling and was exploding.

He pulled his head back up and looked into her eyes. “You like that, my love?” he asked softly.

She swallowed. “Mmmm,” she finally managed to say.

Her lover leaned down and kissed her. “Good,” he smiled. Keeping his eyes in contact with hers he slowly trailed a finger down her side, making her shiver as he caressed her skin. She gasped a little when it finally reached its target area and slid deeply into her wetness. A second digit soon joined it. “You like this as well?” he asked. When she nodded her reply he began to swirl his fingers around inside her, widening her with every motion. Her body writhed uncontrollably and shortly after he probed a third finger inside of her she came screaming.

“Wow,” she breathed. “You’re quite something, you know.”

“You think that was good?” he chuckled. “What about this?” In an instant he had removed his fingers from her body, replacing them with his length. With one thrust he was fully inside of her, pausing momentarily before sliding nearly the whole way back out again.

“No,” Kathryn gasped.

“No what?” he asked as he leaned above her, poised at her entrance.

“Don’t leave me.” Her arms shot around him, hands grasping at his backside in an effort to bring him closer. “I need you, Chakotay. I need you inside me.”

“Do you?” he asked, grinning as he pulled back a little further from her.

“Yes, I do,” she ground out. As she finished speaking she grasped his backside firmly and pulled him into her.

Now it was his turn to groan. “Godds, what you do to me, woman,” he managed to say as he struggled to regain a bit of control. But the control was soon lost as he began thrusting in and out of her at a frenetic pace. Both sensed the other was close and with a combined scream both toppled over the edge.

Kathryn slowly gained her breath while her lover fell back onto the bed, his head coming to rest between her breasts. Not a word was said as they gradually drifted off to sleep.

***

“Kathryn,” a voice above her hissed. “Kathryn, come on. Wake up.” The words were accompanied by a gentle shake of the shoulders.

“Mmm, Chakotay,” she moaned, still asleep. “Don’t leave me. Need you.”

“Come on, Kathryn, wake up,” the gentle voice persisted.

Her eyes flew open to find her first officer, best friend and imaginary lover standing above her fully dressed in his uniform. She paled as she realised that she had dreamed the events of the night before, and then coloured as she tried to work out what he might have heard.

Chakotay smiled down at her. “You overslept. When you didn’t answer my call or the door I got worried so I used my override.” He swept a hand gently over her hair, brushing it out of her eyes. “Was that all right?”

She swallowed. “Chakotay, I…”

“Its okay. That must have been some dream you were having.”

Now Kathryn sat up, a hand going up to her forehead. “Ugh. How much of it…?”

Slowly he moved her legs under the blankets to one side and sat down on the edge of the bed. “I heard enough to be glad I’m not the only one who dreams like that.”

“Chakotay, I… I don’t know what to say.”

“Then don’t.” He took her hand. “Your dreams keep you going, so do mine. You know how I feel but I can wait.”

She gazed at him, sensing rather than seeing the intensity of emotions in him. It was a reaffirmation of just how much he felt for her, how much she could have if she only chose to. And maybe it was time that she chose to. Besides, one could only dream so much.

“We were supposed to have a breakfast meeting, weren’t we?” she asked.

“Well, yes, but it doesn’t matter.”

Her free hand came out to stroke his cheek. “I’m sorry. I’ve let you wait for so long.” He looked at her, confused. “You said you’d wait,” she continued. “Maybe we should put an end to the waiting.”

He clutched at her hand, stopping it in its travels down his face. “What are you saying, Kathryn. Because I don’t want to misunderstand you. There have been too many misunderstandings already between us.”

She smiled at him. “Then I’ll make it clear for you,” she said as she began to pull him to her. “How about we have that meeting right here, in this bed, but minus the breakfast?”

FINIS

Feed the author!

Back to Temptation