Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Bad Day Blues

Disclaimer: Well, Paramount may own Voyager, *sigh* but not our imaginations!!!!!!!

*ttthhhhpppptttt and thumbing nose at Braga*

Rating: Pg

Bad Day Blues

by Lissa

Chakotay was having a rotten day. First, Neelix found a bunch of leola root that had been in stasis. Then, he crashed another shuttle. Next, Tom played a practical joke on him. And to top it all off, Kathryn had given him the cold shoulder, yet again.

As a result, Chakotay had been in a particularly bad mood since early that morning. He had been brooding so much, that he couldn't even read the report, which had been in his hand for the past two hours. Chakotay's eyes just skimmed over the words again and again, not taking any of it in.

Soon, he gave up on the report. Chakotay stood, walked over to the readyroom doors, and pressed the chime to alert Kathryn to his presence. "Enter," she said crisply. She smiled slightly when he came in, but then she noticed his less than jovial mood. "Chakotay, what's wrong?"

"Bad day," he answered glumly.

"Want to talk about it?" Kathryn said as she stood and gestured to the upper level. He nodded and followed her to take a seat on the couch.

"Do you remember the legend I told you once, long ago, on New Earth?"

"Yes," she replied. Kathryn's eyes became faraway and dreamy.

"How often do you think of it?" he asked, encouraged by her response.

"Almost everyday," slipped past her lips before she could stop herself. Kathryn immediately slipped back to the here and now. She did her best to pull herself away to the point of being just a friend.

"No, don't, please. Don't close up. Stop pulling away," he said almost pleading. Chakotay's voice was hoarse and near a whisper.

"I have to," Kathryn said while looking directly into his eyes.

"Why?"

"I couldn't bare to lose you now. How would I could if we were in love?" For once, she didn't take cover in protocol. Kathryn let the true reason be known.

"I couldn't bare to lose you either. I will always be with you no matter what. True love never dies." Chakotay took Kathryn's hands in his and said, "I love you. I love your strength, your humor, your intelligence, your beauty," he grinned wickedly, "and your legs."

At that Kathryn laughed and said, "I thought we having a serious conversation?"

"We are. Just think about what I said, please? You don't have to decide anything yet," Chakotay said as gently as possible. Kathryn smiled warmly and placed her hand on his cheek.

"Okay. Now, I do believe our shift is about to end. Care to join me for dinner in the messhall?" Kathryn asked.

"This week wouldn't be good for the messhall. Neelix found a large amount of leola root," he grimaced good-naturedly.

"Well, then, we'll just eat in my quarters. Will that work for you?" Kathryn said with a faint flirt in her manner.

"As you wish," Chakotay said grinning broadly. He was having an extraordinarily good day.

The End!

Back to the main page.