To work in an indoor/outdoor tennis facility as a
USTPR #34582 - Professional
Currently working as a tennis instructor teaching
private, semi private, and group lessons for
beginners, intermediate, and advanced juniors and
adults. Coaching juniors involved at Northern
Virginia Tennis League (NVTL) and adults pursuing
USTA/MATA rankings. Working with clients on all
aspects of their games – stroke production, footwork,
court positioning, conditioning, match play and
strategies. Comfortable working with
students of different levels of proficiency. My
enthusiasm for tennis as a sport for everyone, and my
use of positive reinforcement contributes to
let grow my clients’ base.
· Congressional Country Club
(September 2002 – To Present)
. TennisByJuan Program Gives Private Lessons to clients (Potomac, Reston,
Washington DC, Alexandria, Arlington, Summer
· Head Pro of the Latino and Adult Program at Washington Foundation Tennis and Education (2001- 2003 ,currently)
· Bullis Training Center (September 2001- August 2002)
· Four Seasons Tennis Club, Fairfax, Virginia (Summer 2001)
· South Run Park, Springfield, Virginia (Summer 2001)
· Rivers Bend Swim & Tennis Club, Hopewell, Virginia (June – August 2000)
· Mantua Swim and Tennis Club Fairfax, Virginia (June – August 1999)
· Private Lessons to clients in Potomac, MD (May – June 1999)
· 1997 Nick Bolletieri Camp in Cartagena – Worked as an assistant tennis professional under Head pro Gabriel Jaramillo’s direction. Followed Bolletieri Program of instruction working with tournament quality juniors. Five hundred junior players went though the camp
· Club Cartagena, Cartagena, Colombia (South. America) – between 1990 – 1999 –Colombia Federation – Worked for Colombia’s Tennis Federation coaching and chaperoning the top junior players from Cartagena to five tournaments per year.
Lefty 5.0, currently remaining active playing in qualifying and USTA sanctioned tournaments.
1999 Rockville Tournament – semi-finals
1999 Legg Mason – 3 round
1989 Miami- Date Community College, Miami, FL. Attended on a scholarship and played number five in singles and number two in doubles for the team.
Qualified for the main draw at the Turkey Bowl in Boca Raton, FL
1987/89 Dean Junior College, Franklin, MA.-played number one singles and doubles and
qualified for the NCAA National Tournament in Tyler, Texas in 1987 and 1989.
1986 Attended the Harry Hopman Inter. Tennis academy by far.
Completed High School education in the USA
Bilingual (Spanish and English)
Personal Information and Other Interests
1993 –1996 Severe leg and back injury required a full length cast for over one year, followed by two years of rehabilitation before I was able to play tennis again.
Married with one child.