Simple Expenses Manager
Dowload script: exp.0.9.1.tgz
Install Instructions: Install.txt
What does it do?
Simple Expenses Manager is a multi-user perl script allowing users to perform
no brainer expense management. SEM is by no means intended to be a hardcore
accounting package, but is intended for lay folk like myself who go blank even
at the mention of 'double entry book-keeping'.
It is intended for web administrators who want to offer their users this
service, but is useful for anyone who wants to track their expenses, and be
able to access it anywhere in the world. It also has an admin script
("exp_admin") for easy management of users and basic preferences.
Screen Shots: (0.8.9)
30/Jan/2003: New release. See changes.
11/Dec/2002: Back to the grindstone again! Not many changes in 0.9.0 but I thought I'd better release
the minor amount of stuff I've been able to do. Sorry for the break, but moving interstate does tend to
interupt your life :)
- Interface clean-up, new colour scheme, custom colours soon, fixed attrocious style-sheet usage :)
- fixed the modeless bug in generating the categorey menu
- set_up.pl now searches httpd.conf for user/group settings
- To upgrade replace: exp, sem_guide.html, set_up.pl (optional)
- Summary of expenses/income difference in sidebar
- General code clean-up
- To upgrade replace "exp"
- Negative amounts now permitted.
- Cents (.00) no longer complusory due to currency differences in some countries.
- Admin can now set up initial "income" categories.
- Larger amounts (ie "10000") now formated ("10,000")
- Search critiea now accumulative (OR). See docs.
- To upgrade replace "exp", "exp_admin", and "sem_guide.html"
- Descriptions can now be searched for keywords, using AND & NOT variables. See docs for usage.
- General code clean-up.
- Upgrade by replacing "exp" and "sem_guide.html".
- Set-up made easier via "set_up.pl" script
- Should now work under linux (with less pain configuring permission and user/groups)
- Categories can now be transferred to another; for example if you wanted all "lunch" to be changed to a more generic "food", this allows you to do so without the pain of hand editing.
- "exp" code clean-up.
- Upgrade by replacing "exp".
- Cleaned up exp_admin interface
- exp_admin code clean-up
- To upgrade, replace the "exp_admin" script
- Daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly averages can now be calculated via the sort bar.
- Added a rough user manual.
- Upgrade by replacing "exp" and adding the "sem_guide.html" to the same directory.
- Fixed flip_sort_order bug.
- Cleaned up code.
- Added more specific date sorting. Not limited to start of month to end of month.
- You can now include income (simple as yet, no comparring w/ expenses)
- Cleaned up subroutines, removed unnecessary subs
- Fixed empty info-field bug (not perfect, but it works)
- Fixed change-pass bug in exp (accepted the match of empty new passwords)
- 0.8.2 compatible with previous databases, just replace the old "exp" script with the new one.
- cleaned up style-sheets
- Fixed some of the numerous spelling errors
- disabled random item descriptions (for now)
Planned future changes (Immediate):
- Carry over end of month income
- Compare Income and expenses
- Improve installer script to read httpd.conf file for certain info SEM requires
Planned future changes (Not urgent):
- More complex calculations and graphs
- PDA compatibility (simplified html or wap version)
- Print formatting (for nice printouts)