These places in Scott County, Tennessee have been listed in the
"National Register of Historic Places".
Barton Chapel was added to the list in 1984 and is located on highway 27 in Robbins. The architectural style of the chapel is "Late Gothic Revival. Barton Chapel is still in use today.
LOUIS E. BRYANT's HOUSE
Added in 1975 and is located on the Bear Creek Road northwest of Oneida.
The architecture of the Louis E. Bryant House is the English manor style.
FIRST NATIONAL BANK of HUNTSVILLE
The bank was added in 1985 and is located on the Courthouse Square in Huntsville.
It is also known as the Huntsbille Branch of the First National Bank of Oneida.
The First National Bank of Huntsville was built of native stone.
The bank opened in 1909 and closed in 1932 mainly due to the Great Depression.
HUNTSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL:
The school was added in 1996 and today is known as the Huntsville Middle School.
The school is located at 220 E. Main St. in Huntsville.
Huntsville High School was built in 1932 and the architecture is in the Gothic style.
The building has the appearance of a fortress or a military school.
Old SCOTT COUNTY JAIL
This historic jail was added in 1974 and is located on the Courthouse Square in Huntsville.
PAINT ROCK CREEK COVERED BRIDGE
The bridge was added in 1980 and is located on the Jacksboro Road S.E. of Huntsville.
The Paint Rock Creek Bridge was built in the early 1870's. It was used as a crossing on the old Jacksboro-Huntsville-Monticello Road between Jacksboro, Tennessee and Monticello, Kentucky. The cover to the bridge was added in 1912. Sad to say, the bridge was burned and destroyed by vandals in March of 1980.