Site hosted by Build your free website today!

“The community was named for the twelve corners created by the intersection of Lafayette, Maple and 13th Street. Twelve Points was begun in 1889 when Walter Phillips had his land surveyed and the business district laid out. At that time the area had a few scattered homes and some family owned businesses. Most of the land was used for fields and orchards. By the early 1900s Twelve Points had become Terre Haute’s first suburban shopping center.”

(left) Looking north to Maple Avenue from Lafayette;
(right) Looking north to Maple Avenue from 13th Street.

13th, Maple Avenue and Lafayette

Remember before cable or satellite; everyone's
roof had one of these?

What a beautiful February day.

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Main Page

Unless otherwise noted, all photos and logos on this site are the property of and
© Rob Robbins 2000-present. Use only with permission.