This Information was taken from the Star Wars Galaxies Official Site:
To see the Star Wars Galaxies FAQ, click here.
* Entirely new 3D engine designed to portray the Star Wars galaxy in the
greatest possible detail
* A seamless universe spanning nine fully-realized Star Wars worlds, from the films and expanded universe, each with over 15 x 15 kilometers of explorable terrain
* Define your own role in the galaxy with 8 playable species and over 30 professions; become bounty hunters, smugglers, squad leaders and more!
* Many social skills including dancing, musicianship and image designer
* Advanced character customization tool that allows you to define nearly every detail of your character's appearance
* Grow your character with an in-depth and flexible skill-based system of advancement
* Highly configurable User Interface
* Highly cinematic and tactical combat system that focuses on blasters and other ranged weapons
* Ally and fight with the Rebel or Imperial sides of the Galactic Civil War, or remain neutral
* Rewarding faction system that allows players to gain special perks by fighting in the Galactic Civil War
* Battlefields, where players can square off against one another or NPCs to earn faction standing
* Placeable Minefields and Turrets
* Encounter and interact with 180+ unique creatures and hundreds of NPCs, including "named" characters like Darth Vader and Boba Fett
* Robust chat system including hundreds of emotes, moods, chat styles, persistent messages and player created channels
* Dynamic resource surveying and mining
* Advanced crafting system
* Completely player-run in-game economy that includes an in-game Marketplace that allows auctions and sales of in-game items
* Jabba's Palace, the Emperor's Retreat, a Rebel hideout, and other "theme parks" offer a variety of missions for and encounters with well-known Star Wars characters
* Dynamic Points of Interest that provide a huge supply of adventures
* Random Mission system for shorter play sessions
* Bounty Hunting skills and missions, with both PVE and PVP opportunities
* Player-based dynamic spawning system takes into account a player's relative strength and creates suitable encounters
* Natural AI behaviors, including herding, stalking and lair defending
* Player built and placed housing, shops and structures
* Player groups of up to twenty players
* Player run associations of up to 500 players
* Badge system that rewards achievement in various areas
* An in-game Matchmaking Service, helpful for identifying players with similar hobbies
* The chance to unlock the mysterious Force Sensitive character slot and attempt to master the most exhilarating and dangerous role in the galaxy...the Jedi.
* Full team support with future expansions and updates
Star Wars Galaxies April 15th 2003 release date pushed back. New release date: Unknown!
Monday, March 31
THX Clan is up and online. About time!
(No e-mail address Required!)