- Residential Street has been totally demolished to make room for a new stunt show, which has been officially announced, in 2005. The tram has been rerouted and the Spectacle of Lights has been cancelled for 2003. Jennings Osbourne himself though has confirmed that the Lights will return in 2004 to New York Street.
- Disney's Pop Century Resort has finally opened. The first phase includes the 50's through the 90's. From the looks of it, this hotel is much better thought out than the All Star Resorts, so you might want to check it out!
- Mickey's Philharmagic is now open!
- The Magic Kingdom entrance is currently the home of the 75 Mickey InspEARations statues, which will begin to tour the country and eventually come to Disneyland next year.
- Soarin' over California is coming to Epcot in 2005. It will be between IMAGINATION! and The Land Pavilions, but will actually be part of The Land. No word as to how they're going to market this attraction considering California has nothing to do with The Future, The Land, or Florida at all.
-Alien Encounter has closed to make room for Stitch's Great Escape, which opens in Fall 2004.
- Space Mountain is being painted white again for its overhaul for the 50th Anniversary. It sure brings back memories. What a way to declare that the new Tomorrowland was a failure,eh?
- The former Circlevision theater/ Rocket Rods queue is being transformed into Buzz Lightyear's SpaceRanger Spin. The good news is that Tomorrowland gets some life added to it, and this Buzz has a higher budget than Florida's did.
- Matt Ouimet is now President of the Disneyland Resort. He has definitely been bringing over a lot of WDW ideas, which I think is a good thing. Disneyland could learn something from its much better run sister.
That's all for now. See ya real soon!
back to home