Site hosted by Build your free website today!

Posey Chapel


The Story: A century and a half ago the church was burnt down and the preacher hung himself from a tree as you enter the gate. At night you can see the activity under the pavilion that is where the chapel once stood. Red eyes can be seen and a red light of some sort can be seen moving through the woods. Also many orbs are seen in this area, you may also hear a woman singing and someone playing a guitar in the background.

Location: East of Fail Rd. on 1000 N. in Laporte, Indiana

On March 5, 2004 at 8pm. Me and 4 others saw some stuff on the internet about the odd things that happen there and went to see for ourselves. It was a very windy and cloudy night. Anyway, things were very windy as we walked around the cemetery. That is until we hit a spot near the woods. My wife and I both came to a stand still. We both felt like something was pushing us away or trying to stop us from going any farther.  My wife asked me if I felt that, I quickly said yes.  I pushed closer to the fence near one of the bigger trees. Everyone else moved back. I stood there for a minute then a loud noise came from the woods. It was a loud hollow sound. Like something hit a hollow tree.  Everyone jumped back including myself. We took out our flashlights and could find nothing. Hell, it could have been anything but boy it scared us! LOL

We went around the cemetery a few more times and that's when I heard a little girls voice say "Mama" in the distance. It came from the side of the cemetery where
no houses were on. I quickly asked if anyone else heard it. No one did. At least at that moment. Later on 3 others heard a little girls voice say "Mama" 3
times in a row. This was about 8:30 pm. I decided to go back to the area by the woods where I felt the pushing. Again, I got close to the same tree where I stood before and waited. The others stayed up the hill. Then a loud noise came from the woods again. I jumped back and everyone else said they heard it too.  I turned on my flashlight and found nothing. Again, hey it's the woods so it could be anything.  We decided to leave, it was around 9pm but me and another person in my group went back to the big rock close to the chapel. Once we got close to it the wind died down and it got completely quiet. There was no noise at all. It was very odd. But that's weather for you. We also had a recorder and at this spot we taped.  The first time we listened to it there was a high pitched sound that lasted a few seconds. We listened to it again and it was gone. We both heard it the first time but it was gone. We left after that. 

We went back on March 8, 2004 at 8pm. This time we just stood on the outside of the fence and didn't go into the cemetery. My kid got scared and began to cry so we left. It was her idea to go out there but once we got there she wanted no part of it. LOL KIDS!!!  We are going back out there at night again.  Without the kid this time. LOL

Thanks to for sharing his story