Things that actually have been said to people while we were calling at work...
The Top 5 Phrases Guaranteed to Piss a Debtor Off
5. “Well, ma’am, I’m sorry you’re eating dinner, but perhaps you should cater your schedule around when you’ll be receiving collection calls.”
4. “Ma’am, we are legally allowed to call between 8 A.M. and 9 P.M. It is now 8:35. If you have a problem with that, you can take it up with state legislature.”
3. “Sir, you can’t sue me for putting this on your credit, even if your insurance should have paid. You are ultimately responsible for any charges incurred regardless of whether the doctor submits this to your insurance. You can write in for an itemized statement if you’d like to submit this yourself, and no, sir, calling me a fucking cunt is not going to make me send that without an authorizing signature.”
2. “I’m sorry you’re dying, sir, but you still owe this bill.”
1. “Sir, if you can afford a new Dodge Stratus, you can afford to make a $25 dollar payment on your $4,356 bill.”