David Daniel Ruddy
Grant of Arms
Armigerous by grant, Letters
Patent of the Chief Herald of Ireland, 27 May 1988
- My blazon:
Barry wavy of six argent and azure a ship's rudder gules
hinged or, a chief of the first thereon a Latin cross
of the third between two trefoils slipped vert.
- My crest:
A ship's helm proper.
- My motto:
of The Heraldry Society of Canada
- Past President of the Heraldry Society of Canada
- Past President of the Laurentian Branch of
the Heraldry Society
Commander with star of the Order of the Holy Sepulcher.
Order of the Holy Sepulcher is today
a major Catholic Order of Knighthood, under the direct
protection of the Holy See. It now has a worldwide mission
to support the Holy Places, particularly in Jerusalem, and
has approximately eighteen thousand members across the
Knight Commander the Order
of Saint Lazarus
The Order of Saint Lazarus is an ecumenical organization
of Christian Hospitaller whose spirit goes back to the Holy
Land and the Crusades.
My meeting with the Right Honorable Pierre Elliott Trudeau
the years I have been involved in many Orders and Societies.
As such, it has been one of my life's passions. Below
are some that I have been a member of.
- Fordham University, New York, B.Sc., 1947,
- St. Andrews University, Scotland, Ph.D., 1952
- Professor Emeritus, College Militaire Royal
de Saint-Jean, 1963-88
- Lt-Commander, U. S Navy, 1943-46
- 1st President of The Organization of Military
Museums of Canada/L'Organisation de Musees Militaires
- President of the Nelson-Delta Corporation
- Queen's Silver Jubilee Medal, 1977
- Canada 125 Medal, 1992
- Order of the Liberator (Venezula)
- Officer in the Order of Arts and Letters(France)
- Capt/Lt 78th Fraser Highlanders
- Governor of the Montreal General Hospital
- Member of the Committee of Museums of Architecture
and History, International Committee of Museums
- Board of Directors, Quebec Council, St John
Ambulance 1987-97 and of the Public Affairs Committee,
- Royal Canadian Legion
- Canadian Flag Association
- N.A. Vexillogical Association
- New York Academy of Sciences
- Hon Member of the Black Watch Officers's Mess
- Life member Sampson World War II Navy Veterans'
- Member of The Royal Canadian Military Institute
- Member Stephen's Green Club (Dublin)