as offensive or defensive linemen
in high school football:
- ERIN WHITE, a 6-foot-1-inch, 215-pound defensive lineman
for Grimsley (North Carolina) High in 1999
- DIANE YELLOWWOLF (5'8", 160 lbs.) of Mandaree High School in
North Dakota--This 5'8" 160-pound defensive tackle was one of four
girls playing football for Mandaree (North Dakota) High School in 1985.
- KATHLEEN TRUMBO--In 1989, she became the first Indiana girl to
play an entire season for a high school football team. She was a defensive
- ELSA SANCHEZ of Corona (California) High School--She was a
defensive lineman on her school's football team and a Homecoming Queen in
- JUDY JACKSON of Juneau High in Milwaukee--In 1982, the
5-foot-9-inch, 185-pound Judy Jackson was a starting tackle for her
school's football team.
- SALLY GUTIERREZ, who was a second-string guard for the Quemado
(New Mexico) High School football team in 1975.
- KATHY McCALL of Lutheran High School in Portland, Oregon. On
September 5, 1986, she started and played an entire game at offensive
guard and made five tackles on defense versus Gaston.
- KEONA HORNBUCKLE, a right guard/nose tackle for Centennial High
School in Champaign, Illinois. In 1998, Keona played in 3/4 of her team's
- TAMMIE OVERSTREET of Pittsburg (Texas) High School. This 5'6",
221 pound player was an offensive guard in 1993.
- SANDY PONTUSO, who in 1999 played defensive halfback and
offensive end for the Blue Hill (Massachusetts) Regional High School
- LISA WELCH (5'9", 170 lbs.), who was a left tackle for
Midland Park (New Jersey) High School in 1998.
- DONNELL FINNAMAN (5'6", 240 lbs.) of the Eastern North
Carolina School for the Deaf. She was a defensive lineman and played for
the varsity team during all four years of high school (1996-1999)
- NANCY GALLO (5'8", 180 lbs.), a defensive lineman at
Kennedy High School in the Los Angeles area back in 1995
- KARELLE "ROSIE"
SUEFERER--offensive tackle and
homecoming queen at Chariton (Iowa) High School in 1994
- PATRICIA MORA (5'7", 170 lbs.) and IMELDA CHAPARRO
(5'8", 226 lbs.) of Lincoln High School in Los Angeles, CA just last
- KRISTEN BOYLE, a 6'1", 195-pound lineman on both offense
and defense for Gig Harbor (Washington) High School
- MINNIE ANAYA (5'11", 172 lbs.), an offensive lineman for
Narbonne (California) High School in 1992
- JENNIE HALL (5'9", 218 lbs.) of Bellingham (Washington)
High School. In her team's 1993 opener, she played 6+ minutes at defensive
- YESENIA CAMPOS (5'9", 220 lbs.), who in her senior year at
Santa Ana Valley (California) High School (1998) was an offensive lineman.
- JENN BENTON of the
Portland (Oregon) Christian School
- LEOMIE SMITH
(5'3", 227 pounds), a defensive tackle for Maben (Mississippi) High
School in 1987.
- HOLLY TAYLOR (5'9",
175 pounds), a linebacker and right guard for Morley Stanwood High in
Morley, Michigan. She has been playing organized tackle football for eight
years as of 2000.
- MEGAN DOUGHERTY, a
defensive tackle at Hawthorne (New Jersey) High School in 1996. I need
more information about her.
- VANESSA DELAO (5'5",
140 pounds), a junior defensive end for Stone Bridge (Virginia) High School.
- KATHY WILSON, who was
a defensive middle guard for the football team at the Washington State
Deaf School in 1984.
- CISELEY WINGATE, who
was an offensive tackle and guard for Pullman (Washington) High School in
JUNIOR VARSITY OR FRESHMAN
- OMARAH ORTIZ, a 6-foot-1-inch, 205-pound defensive lineman
for the Hillsborough (Florida) high School JV football team in 1996--She
played in her first game in Sept. 1996.
- JESSICA LEVERETT of Sparks High School in Nevada--Back in 1986,
Jessica Leverett was the first girl to play in a high school football game
- TERESA GARNETT, a 5'4", 175 pound defensive tackle and
nose guard for New Britain (Connecticut) High School in 1997.
- CARLY ROMANO (5'8",
154 pounds), who played for the freshman football team at Kino Junior High
School in Mesa, Arizona. She was a nose guard.