Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
HomeForumsHere you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferencesRegistration is free!CalendarFind other membersFrequently Asked QuestionsSearch
Science Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.9 Science Forums » Moderators » This isn't going to end well...
Last Thread   Next Thread
first unread Go to first unread post
Post New Thread   

Old Post Posted On: 01-16-2004 at 07:26 PM [Edit]

fafalone
SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT
Activity: 2812 Hours 
This isn't going to end well... Reply #1 quote:

Click Here to See the Profile for fafaloneClick here to Send fafalone a Private MessageVisit fafalone's homepage!Find more posts by fafaloneAdd fafalone to your buddy list

Old Post Posted On: 01-16-2004 at 08:38 PM [Edit]

blike
GO BULLS!
Activity: 67 Hours 
Reply #2 quote:

I've already expressed my decision on both matters you are undoubtedly referring to. Sometimes you just have to suck it up; people will always disagree.

Click Here to See the Profile for blikeClick here to Send blike a Private MessageVisit blike's homepage!Find more posts by blikeAdd blike to your buddy list

Old Post Posted On: 01-16-2004 at 08:43 PM [Edit]

fafalone
Reply #3 quote:

and sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe is right.

Click Here to See the Profile for fafaloneClick here to Send fafalone a Private MessageVisit fafalone's homepage!Find more posts by fafaloneAdd fafalone to your buddy list

Old Post Posted On: 01-16-2004 at 08:44 PM [Edit]

blike
GO BULLS!
Reply #4 quote:

I am.

Click Here to See the Profile for blikeClick here to Send blike a Private MessageVisit blike's homepage!Find more posts by blikeAdd blike to your buddy list

Old Post Posted On: 01-16-2004 at 08:47 PM [Edit]

fafalone
Reply #5 quote:

I'm much more bothered by the way you're acting towards me than the decisions themselves.

Old Post Posted On: 01-16-2004 at 10:31 PM [Edit]

blike
GO BULLS!
Reply #6 quote:

Simply because I disagree with you on the two issues? I don't particularly see how my behavior towards you has changed..

Old Post Posted On: 01-16-2004 at 11:14 PM [Edit]

MrL_JaKiri
The Tallest
Activity: 31 Hours 
Reply #7 quote:

Sword of sense making +7.

Click Here to See the Profile for MrL_JaKiriClick here to Send MrL_JaKiri a Private MessageFind more posts by MrL_JaKiriAdd MrL_JaKiri to your buddy list

Old Post Posted On: 01-16-2004 at 11:35 PM [Edit]

fafalone
Reply #8 quote:

Well the only way I can get a response out of you is to post on the forum is one thing, not to mention the power trip of not actually discussing the matter, or discussion it, agreeing with me, and then going behind my back and doing the opposite.

Old Post Posted On: 01-16-2004 at 11:50 PM [Edit]

MrL_JaKiri
The Tallest
Reply #9 quote:

fafalone said in post # :
Well the only way I can get a response out of you is to post on the forum is one thing, not to mention the power trip of not actually discussing the matter, or discussion it, agreeing with me, and then going behind my back and doing the opposite.

I thought the main issue was that you went behind his back, with the (repeated?) demodding of sayonara.

Click Here to See the Profile for MrL_JaKiriClick here to Send MrL_JaKiri a Private MessageFind more posts by MrL_JaKiriAdd MrL_JaKiri to your buddy list

Old Post Posted On: Yesterday at 12:32 AM [Edit]

fafalone
Reply #10 quote:

No, he agreed with my course of action, then started remodding without even telling me, much less explaining.

Old Post Posted On: Yesterday at 12:40 AM [Edit]

MrL_JaKiri
The Tallest
Reply #11 quote:

No, he agreed with my course of action, then started remodding without even telling me, much less explaining.

He didn't agree with anything like that in a post here...

Of course, there is the thing that as the HEAD of the forums, he can do whatever he likes, and not go behind anyone's back.

Old Post Posted On: Yesterday at 12:47 AM [Edit]

fafalone
Reply #12 quote:

Our primary means of communication up until the past few days was instant messenger, and I'd offer to show you the logs but its really none of your business.

...and when someone puts in just as much work as has been co-admin since the day the site opened, they're entitled to a little more respect and consultation on decisions.

Old Post Posted On: Yesterday at 11:38 AM [Edit]

MrL_JaKiri
The Tallest
Reply #13 quote:

Surely the same could be said the otherway round, when you kept on demodding Sayonara, and don't forget the 'Hey kids! Lets make heroin!' thread.

New Post Posted On: Yesterday at 03:21 PM [Edit]

blike
GO BULLS!
Reply #14 quote:

fafalone said in post #8 :

Power trip? Don't speak to me about power trips. I dicussed the matter of sayonara with you. Remember our AIM conversation? I discussed the matter of drug related threads with you as well. I did initially agree that such posts should be allowed, but I changed my mind. I did not "go behind your back", I posted two responses in the thread as to why I changed my mind.

fafalone said in post #10 :

I did not agree with your course of action.

blike again (11:51:58 PM): I agree, initially I felt the same way. But I believe he was genuine with what he told me about how he took in the situation at hand, so I cannot argue whether or not it was nonsensical to not see the humor in the situation. I still agree that his response was highly inappropriate, but your response rose to his level as well. It is true that he initiated the agressive attitude, but it should have stopped with you. That isn't saying that you dont' have the righ to stop it, or respond defending yourself or telling him that he was wrong, but I think it should be done in a manner so as not to mirror his initial reply.

blike again (12:00:06 AM): It was clearly provoked, yes. However, he still feels that he was intentionally belittled and trolled for a response, so in his mind, he has done nothing wrong other than call you out on what he thought was wrong. I cannot ask for an apology from him..

fafalone said in post #12 :
Our primary means of communication up until the past few days was instant messenger, and I'd offer to show you the logs but its really none of your business.

...and when someone puts in just as much work as has been co-admin since the day the site opened, they're entitled to a little more respect and consultation on decisions.

You have been respected and consulted on every major and minor decision on this site. I talked to you about sayonara, but it was clear that you were not going to change your mind. I decided that it was not my responsibility to convince you of my opinion in the situation.

New Post Posted On: Yesterday at 03:53 PM [Edit]

blike
GO BULLS!
Reply #15 quote:

Also, just because you feel I went behind your back and remodded sayonara does not give you a right to demod him behind my back. Just because someone does something to you does not give you the right to do it back. Even if you have the right, you simply cannot criticize someone for their behavior when you responded the exact same way.

This applies in both situations.

New Post Posted On: Yesterday at 04:22 PM [Edit]

fafalone
Reply #16 quote:

and I'm going to go ahead and keep demodding him until he apologizes. That's all I want. He's still below me on the access ladder and regardless of my response he owes me an apology. If he wants one from me concerning the level of my reponse, so be it.

New Post Posted On: Yesterday at 07:07 PM [Edit]

blike
GO BULLS!
Reply #17 quote:

no you won't.

New Post Posted On: Yesterday at 10:09 PM [Edit]

fafalone
Reply #18 quote:

if you want to lose a coadmin and a friend all over someones right to go off on their superior with no LEGITIMATE cause, then go ahead and do it, because so long as i have the required access to remove from the mod list, it will be done.

a mutual apology between me and sayo is not to much to ask, and if you would rather see me gone from the site than see him apologize for going off on me, so be it.

New Post Posted On: Today at 01:12 AM [Edit]

MrL_JaKiri
The Tallest
Reply #19 quote:

if you want to lose a coadmin and a friend all over someones right to go off on their superior with no LEGITIMATE cause, then go ahead and do it, because so long as i have the required access to remove from the mod list, it will be done.

Faf. You're a tosser.