Lunch- snacks etc
LUNCH: GOOD STUFF
As a general guide try to choose a sandwich or salad with less than 300 calories.
From a sandwich bar:
Asda Less than 10% Fat Salmon and Cucumber sandwich
Boots Shapers Chicken Tikka flatbread, Shapers Simply Salad sandwich, Shapers Roast Vegetables, Soft Cheese and Pesto in a herb pocket
Somerfield Lemon Chicken sandwich
Weight Watchers from Heinz Tuna Salad sandwich
Sainsbury's Be Good to Yourself Honey Roast Ham Salad sandwich; Be Good To Yourself Prawn and Mayonnaise
Marks & Spencer 95% Fat Free Chargrilled Chicken pitta, any sandwich or salad from the Count on Us range
Tesco 95% Fat Free Prawn and Pasta salad, Healthy Eating Pork with Apple Sauce and Stuffing sandwich
Pret-a-Manger Vegetarian Noodles, or anything from the Pret Simple range (sandwiches with no mayo)
Any of the Costa less than 350 calorie range
Safeway Healthy Choice Chicken and Basil sandwich; Grilled Vegetable sandwich
Ginsters Szechuan Beef Wrap.
Any small sushi selection
Snack-a-jacks, Uncle Bens Rispinos
- Go for wholemeal or Granary bread
- Ask for your sandwich to be spread with low fat spread or a reduced calorie salad cream.
- Choose from a tuna, egg, lean beef, chicken or prawn filling and request extra salad.
- If you really fancy cheese, go for lower fat choices such as feta, Camembert, ricotta, half-fat Cheddar, or, of course, cottage cheese
- Skip the mayo (unless it's reduced fat, in which case ask for half the normal amount)
- Alternative dressings that don't pile on the calories include wholegrain mustard, relish, pickle, ketchup or chutney
- Fizzy drinks are allowed, but if you want to go all the way have water
- Fruit juice (check the calories)
My Favorite things about Angelfire.
My Favorite Web Sites
Angelfire - Free Home Pages
Free Web Building Help
Angelfire HTML Library
htmlGEAR - free polls, guestbooks, and more!