Site hosted by Build your free website today!
How to Use coupons and Be a Coupon Queen!

Where To get coupons:

You need to start by subscribing to your local
newspaper! Ask friends and neighbors for their
coupons. Check local coffee shops and book stores
for newspapers that people leave. Check local recycle bins for papers there too!! Look for coupons in your grocery store! Email companies tell them how you like or dislike products and they will send you coupons! We have a page provided for you with a list of companies!!

Organizing your coupons:

Start with a small $1 coupon organizer until you've mastered your own system and you want to get serious them you can go to a 3 ring binder with divders and clear baseball card sheets! Label your dividers like: Canned/Frozen
Boxed helpers
*You can even divide them out further the more coupons you get!!

For multiple inserts:

Start by tearing out pages from your coupon inserts and laying them out on the floor. Continue doing this and matching up identical pages from the rest of your inserts. then staple each stack of like coupons together so you can cut them all out at once and that also keeps your coupons together as well! Invest in an electric stapler and good pair of kitchen sheers!!


Buying in bulk is not always cheaper!
Dont be brand loyal.
Store brand is not always cheaper than name brand when you are using coupons! Look for clereances and then use your coupons on top of the sale price! Dont forget to price match! When you get extra items free dont forget to donate !!

Understanding coupon/refund terms:

B1G1F: literally "Buy 1, Get 1 Free". This is a special type of coupon that you cut out from the newspaper. When you buy one product, and use the coupon, you'll get another product just like it for free at the check out. B2G1F means: "Buy 2, Get 1 Free", which is not as good a deal as a B1G1F coupon.

BTFE: Box Tops for Eduction, found on General Mills packages. They are each worth .10 for schools. Sometimes they are used for trading.

C/D: Complete Deal. A refund form with all the proofs of purchase needed to send for the refund. It might be a refund for cash, coupons or merchandise.

CB: cardboard backing, found in the grocery store on a pad of refund forms, after all the forms have been taken. They usually say, "Sorry, all the forms have been taken, but...", then tell you either where to write for a form, or where to send your proofs of purchase to get the refund without the form.

C/O: cents off coupon, or cash off coupon. This is a garden variety coupon that we've all seen a million times, the type you cut out of the Sunday paper or off the back of a cereal box. These are used at the checkout with an average value of about 55.

CRTC: cash register tape with the price of the product circled. Most refunds require a cash register receipt, so save your receipts.

CODES: some refunds simply ask for a code number copied from the product, usually the UPC code number. Products like aerosol cans that can't be cut up sometimes require this type of proof.

COUFUND: a coupon that requires proofs of purchases (usually UPCs) to be attached to it. When the proofs are attached, then the coupon becomes valid and is redeemed at the checkout at the store. Coufunds are nice because you can use lots of them, and no postage or receipts are involved.

DCRT: dated cash register tape. Must have the date of purchase on the tape.

EPOP: Each Pays Own Postage. This applies to trades with other refunders. Each person pays for the postage on her own envelope. No LSASE is required to trade.

HT: hang tag, found in the grocery store, hanging from the neck of a bottle. Offers a refund.

LTD: limited, found on refund forms in the fine print, when the offer is limited to certain states only.

M5M or MfiveM: Proofs of purchase found on packs of Marlboro cigarettes.

MONEY PLUS: any offer that looks like a refund, but is actually simply an offer to buy a product at a reduced price. For example, if you buy a beach towel for $6.99 plus two UPCs, that is NOT a refund. It is a money plus offer. These forms are found in the Sunday coupon supplements and on tear pads in the grocery store, and are mixed right in with the real refunds. Learn to recognize them and IGNORE them. Don't trade them. They are junk. Offers that ask for very small handling fees are considered refunds if the handling fee is clearly only to cover postage.

NB: national brand (as opposed to a local brand that is only available in limited areas)

NBQ: National Brand Qualifier. A proof of purchase cut from a product that is available nationwide.

NT WT: net weight statement, a type of proof of purchase required by some refunds. You'll find the net weight statement on the front label in ounces or pounds.

NED: No Expiration Date: refers to refunds that don't have dates of expiration, or coupons that never expire.

OAS: "one any size" Some coupons specifically state on them that they can be used on any size product. For example, you might cut out a Tide coupon that says: $1 off one any size Tide. That's a great coupon. Most refunders will use that coupon on the smallest size box, so they can get it free.

1-4-1: literally "one for one". This means an even exchange of anything. If you trade forms one for one, you will get back the exact same number you send.

POP: Proof of Purchase. This is the value part of a package. It might be the boxtop, the UPC symbol, the net weight statement, a snip from a plastic cape, etc, etc. Whatever is required to get a refund is a proof of purchase. This is also called a qualifier, because it `qualifies' you for the refund.

PROOF OF PURCHASE SEAL: a special seal on a package which usually states that it is the proof of purchase.

PP: purchase price, whatever you actually paid for a product. Some refunds will offer to send you your purchase price. The proof for this will include the cash tape.

P/H: postage and handling

QUALIFIER: same as POP above.

SAE: self addressed envelope

SASE: self addressed stamped envelope

SMP: specially marked package, meaning a package you find in the store that has been printed with a refund offer on it. Cereal packages are often specially marked with refunds. Watch for these in the store, as they are hard to come by in trades.

SWEEPS: sweepstakes form (not traded). These are forms that enter you in a sweepstakes, but are not for refunds. These are junk and no one wants them.

TRACING: a tracing taken from the package front as a proof of purchase. You lay a piece of paper over the product and trade the logo or front label, and send this in to claim your refund.

UPC: "Universal Product Code". It is that box of black lines that the cashier passes over the scanner at the checkout. It measures about 1"x1". This is a very popular proof of purchase.

WSL: while supply lasts. This is written on some refunds that offer gifts such as t-shirts. Send early because if they run out, you're out of luck.