We have a place for you . . . mission observer, communications specialist, media relations, personnel, safety, teaching cadets, training . . . and many more. More than likely, there is a unit near your home waiting for you to join.
1. Twelve years old (or attending 6th grade) through 18 years old.
2. Enrolled in or graduated from a public or private school or college with a satisfactory record of academic achievement.
3. Not married.
4. Not a member of the active duty Armed Forces.
5. United States citizen or alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the U.S.
6. Good moral character.
INITIAL SENIOR MEMBERSHIP: All applicants for senior membership must meet the following prerequisites:
1. Possess the desire, willingness, and capability to promote the objectives and purposes of Civil Air Patrol.
2. Must be at least 18 years old. Active duty members of the Armed Forces can join CAP as a senior member at any age.
3. United States citizen or alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the U.S.
4. No felony conviction by any court of record whether federal, state or military.
5. No pattern of arrests and/or convictions including but not limited to sex offenses, child abuse, Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol (DUI), dishonesty and violence.
6. If you were previously in the active duty military, you must have been discharged under honorable conditions.
TO BECOME A MEMBER OF CAP!